GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Nice vid, thanks for sharing!

GTR performs as expected :D however that GT2RS has some ferocious straightline pace. Really see the comparative strengths and weaknesses of these cars

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice vid, thanks for sharing!

GTR performs as expected :D however that GT2RS has some ferocious straightline pace. Really see the comparative strengths and weaknesses of these cars
YW:thumbsup: Will look out for an English translation...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I know you need to treat these with a pinch of salt, but.... If you had any doubt that the GT-R is the performance bargain of the Decade?

Can't believe how slow / difficult to drive the ZR1 was? You could here the grunts from the Driver, ;) would love to have a translation.

Rich

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you had any doubt that the GT-R is the performance bargain of the decade!Rich
You took the words right out of my mouth as that is exactly what I thought and actually made me really proud to be fortunate to own this fantastic car:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
You don't really need Japanese. Just imagine what they are saying and it will be 90% close. Tsuchiya' final comment: "and all this for only 9 million yen!"...

Their fastest laps were all pretty close, but you have to wonder if they were all 'standard' from the factory.

Also how much do cultural factors affect the results? Tsuchiya is the big boss in the pecking order (he thinks he is anyway) and expects others to let him win...

Great video, though!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is it just me or did the GT2 RS sounded pathetic, and people criticize about the engine sound of the GTR. If the GTR sounds a like vacuum cleaner, then the GT2 RS sounds like a vacuum cleaner that cleans vacuum cleaners. :flame:

·
Registered
519 Posts
The GT2 really doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd take a GT3 over it any day. It looks like it suffers a fair bit of lag.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The biggest shock was how the LF-A faired and for the money would you buy one? Give me the Porsche GT3RS anyday or the incomming MP4-12C:clap:

·
Registered
167 Posts
LFA Is a strange one

I cant help but be impressed by the engine, instrument graphics and the noise, and in many ways its a product of similar obsessive japanese engineering that the GTR is. But 350 grand , really, thats just ridiculous and everytime it gets back to back with the Nissan its embarrassing.

Fact is that if they cost the same you might have an arument that the N/A V10 and the cabin are a class apart, but you could have 5 GTRs for the same price or one GTR and a Carrera GT for the weekend. Thats got a rather nice V10 too.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant help but be impressed by the engine, instrument graphics and the noise, and in many ways its a product of similar obsessive japanese engineering that the GTR is. But 350 grand , really, thats just ridiculous and everytime it gets back to back with the Nissan its embarrassing.

Fact is that if they cost the same you might have an arument that the N/A V10 and the cabin are a class apart, but you could have 5 GTRs for the same price or one GTR and a Carrera GT for the weekend. Thats got a rather nice V10 too.
Look at this review on the LF-A and check out 0.23s and 0.57s for the handsome reviewer:thumbsup:

Famous for 2secs....and no wifey in sight...:clap:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thats the best colour

Looks fantastic in that blue.
Dont get me wrong Anilj, i think its a wonderful thing and I'd have one in a heartbeat if I had the dosh.

So here's a question, if you had £350k in loose change down the back of the chesterfield, would you have an LFA?

Or perhaps a sparkly new all carbon chassis Lambo Aventador ........

AND a GTR :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The LFA is a complete waste of money, the Zr1 cant corner as per all american cars but looked fast on the straight. Not sure what the 430 was doing.

Would take the porsche or GTR over any of them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks fantastic in that blue.
Dont get me wrong Anilj, i think its a wonderful thing and I'd have one in a heartbeat if I had the dosh.

So here's a question, if you had £350k in loose change down the back of the chesterfield, would you have an LFA?

Or perhaps a sparkly new all carbon chassis Lambo Aventador ........

AND a GTR :thumbsup:
Choices, choices, choices...but if I had that money, I would buy a McLaren MP4-12C and a Porsche GT3RS and with the change a GT-R!!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
One or two things dont add up for me, end of 1st lap - lfa, gt-r then gt2 come onto one of the longest straights in motor racing. Yet the GT2 only begins to make up ground in the last third. Yet on the last lap when its behind the lfa it flies past it like its not there in the first third. Call me cynical.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Call me cynical.
Cynical....dont you have much work on to be able to trawl over the video Inspt Clouseau of the French Sûreté....its ok as long as the GT-R wins, but not if produced by 5th Gear:D

Still 15mins before 5.30.....give it your best...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts