GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In magazine, I have no clue who it belongs to, it's not the race version, it's actually a real road car, saw it in Turbo Mag I think it was...

Does anyone know of this, and does anyone have pics?

Made my heart stop.:bowdown1:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
If it's this one, then it's parked out back right now. :D

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/38564-first-driving-impressions-34-a.html

You'll find some Tokyo Auto Salon piccies mixed into the thread, around pages 4 and 5, but I've taken most of the stickers off and done some other reducing stuff to it since then. And yes, it has been re-registered with the widebody as a legal road car and yes, I drive to work in it.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Jesus Thrust, didnt realise the sun line was your car! :eek:
Mucho respect, lovely car! :bowdown1:

·
Ol' School GTROC
636 Posts
oh, how I miss attending TAS every year.... beautiful R34, just beautiful. And the most fun in owning a thoroughbred is taming it...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
If it's this one, then it's parked out back right now. :D

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/38564-first-driving-impressions-34-a.html

You'll find some Tokyo Auto Salon piccies mixed into the thread, around pages 4 and 5, but I've taken most of the stickers off and done some other reducing stuff to it since then. And yes, it has been re-registered with the widebody as a legal road car and yes, I drive to work in it.... :thumbsup:
lol i never new that was your daily driver these days lol. When am i getting your Soarer ;)

Is The GTR in TAS this year? You coming up to the big smoke this year?

·
Registered
118 Posts
In magazine, I have no clue who it belongs to, it's not the race version, it's actually a real road car, saw it in Turbo Mag I think it was...

Does anyone know of this, and does anyone have pics?

Made my heart stop.:bowdown1:
I saw it to! I shall try to scan the pic and add here later!

Anyway its just awesome and Im gonna order me a bodykit like that
when my R34 enters my backyear late January 07! :chuckle:

·
6,821 Posts
Thrust, will you ad some new body color?
you mentioned once you would have liked the car in white . . .

It really makes me thinking of getting that kit (not in carbon) for an r34 some day.
Fantastic car.:smokin:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
lol i never new that was your daily driver these days lol. When am i getting your Soarer ;)

Is The GTR in TAS this year? You coming up to the big smoke this year?
Thanks for the words of support, guys! (And for the pic, Jeroen.) :shy:

Andy, yes, I am planning to drop in at TAS, but SunLine will be displaying their Suzuki Sport which has been in all the car mags for most of this year, plus maybe another Sport, or the Z... I'll need to check what the 2nd car is.

The Shaken on the Soarer runs out in January, so I am just about to start the paperwork to send it to a Soarer fanatic in the UK who has offered to sell it for me, but if you are interested, email me an offer and with luck we may come to something mutually acceptable. :p

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Thrust, will you ad some new body color?
you mentioned once you would have liked the car in white . . .
The roof, doors and rear bumper have been painted in a matt brown/black with a faint gold sparkle in it, that goes really well with the carbon. Dino took some shots the other day at Fuji. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow morning if there's any sun. :)

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
The nose is a C-West carbon one-off. The bonnet, boot, door inners and outers, and front and back wing/overfenders and side malls are dry carbon SunLine originals. What covers the roof and pillars, rear lights and rear bumper are one-off carbon casts. They are mostly cosmetic, actually adding slightly to the car overall weight, but would I suppose protect the car in a hailstorm! hahaha:D
The roof, doors and rear bumper have been painted in a matt brown/black with a faint gold sparkle in it, that goes really well with the carbon. Dino took some shots the other day at Fuji. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow morning if there's any sun. :)
Why would you go to the extent of having a one off carbon roof cover made only to paint it :eek:
Seems like a lot of expense given you could have just painted the roof?
Does look awesome though mate!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Matt. The two quotes above do make it seem like I've painted over the carbon moulds, but there was a story in between which is covered in the 1st impressions thread. Essentially I asked them to rip off the glued special Salon moulded bits, go back to the steel and repaint. It was a gamble, but when my daughters saw the results they both said that they loved it.

Interestingly, although the car is now clearly part carbon and part steel, it looks slimmer around the waist and less 'covered'.

To recap.
What is carbon: the front nose, the bonnet, the front and rear overfenders.
(The body and thus track are now 6cm wider at the wheels.)

What is painted in the gold metallic chocolate is the back bumper, the roof and the doors. The doors are now steel outside with carbon inners.

The rear light surrounds have been painted in a carbon-look effect which is surprisingly good, but too shiny, so still needs matting back to go with the rest of the car.

·
6,821 Posts
Actually as the kit is now aviable in a diffrent material as carbon, did SunLine allready sell one or two?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Actually as the kit is now aviable in a diffrent material as carbon, did SunLine allready sell one or two?
Yes, they have it in FRP too, and I was lined up to buy one. Haven't asked how many they've sold.

Carbon? Yes, they have sold 'some' including the display kit in situ to me, and to... Garage Zaurus, I think.

He did say the creation was a huge outlay, :eek: and he is still nowhere near recovering the costs, but I think he likes taking the odd long-term gamble. :bowdown1:

·
6,821 Posts
He did say the creation was a huge outlay, :eek: and he is still nowhere near recovering the costs, but I think he likes taking the odd long-term gamble. :bowdown1:
Oh yeah, I bet it was a hell of an expense. You should ask for a group buy on here:chuckle:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
This is the Skyline I saw in the magazine..
Is this yours?

Yes, it is. Thanks for that. Which mag was it in, out of interest? :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts