GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running a stage car is great but as most of you know after a good day's hooning the back of the car is covered i was getting a little concerned with the build up of oxidisation, so I decided to treat her to a proper birthday and put on her winter coat.

I don't normally post up washing the car but I was so pleased with the results I thought i'd share it with you, equally I don't know if my technique is right so please offer up ways I can improve.......

So the process

TBM strip wash using washing up liquid to remove all wax and sealants, towel dried
Clayed with medium clay bar and fine detailing spray lub
TBM wash using washing up liquid to clear off the residue, towel dried
Applied body scrub cleanser followed by a paint conditioner (this removed loads of containments, the clay bar didn't)
TBM wash using body conditioner, towel dried
Applied 2 coats of sealant
Finished with Swissvax

I was considering a wrap but I think you can't beat seeing shiny paintwork even it is a PTA to keep clean. After the winter I'll go for a full correction and take care of few niggles and chips but for now i'm happy.

Hopefully the alloy will be sorted this weekend but still looking around so if you know anyone please pm me their details.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone help with a wheel refurber ?

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
looking good buddy and nice choice of wax.... lol

my collection got even bigger yesterday its getting ridiculous !!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for this i'll drop him a line :thumbsup:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buzby what did you use to remove the layers of wax and sealant?
I clay barred the whole car so it made sense to take everything back just the clear coat and start a fresh with building up the layers of sealant and then the top coat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts