GTR Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Not a cheap, very expensive setup and gains are somewhat limited. Better off going single as you have a huge selection of Turbos and manifold to choose from.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Currently running an AET tickled GT40 single and want to use efr twins in my winter build. The kit isn't cheap but quality costs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought this kit back in March, but haven't installed it yet because... It still hasn't shipped. SMH. Idk what is causing such a long delay, but whenever I finally receive the kit and get it installed. I'll be sure to post on my thread.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I bought this kit back in March, but haven't installed it yet because... It still hasn't shipped. SMH. Idk what is causing such a long delay, but whenever I finally receive the kit and get it installed. I'll be sure to post on my thread.
Did you get your kit yet?
Mine did take a while to arrive, but I got it in a sensible time.

·
Registered
320 Posts
the twin kits with 6258 0.64 is an impressive combination. i still love the 8374 twinscroll, but the 6258 is a step up. slightly later boost threshold but far more midrange to top end powerband.

edit: killajoedotcom sorry for the delay on your order - BorgWarner has finally filled EFR turbo backorders. there was a pretty severe delay backorder on B1 frame EFR turbos but that is behind us, for now

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks Geoff, do you think the .85 vband housings will be too sluggish on a 2.6? Fuel octane considered, which setup would be the better choice for a street car. Obviously peak power cannot be achieved without race fuel or e85, pump gas is going to be the limiting factor for both setups in the states. So at the lower boost levels due to fuel which setup excels?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been interested in this kit for a while now.

Since this thread how has everyone experience been with these turbos??

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Hypertune do twin top mount manifolds using a mix of turbos including G25. Wouldn***8217;t bother with the fullrace few people have had the kit and costing some £10k there are better options out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hypertune do twin top mount manifolds using a mix of turbos including G25. Wouldn’t bother with the fullrace few people have had the kit and costing some £10k there are better options out there.
Rt on. I'm more intrigued about the performance of twin Borg's vs the manifold. I never really see much info on BW with the RB's.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
i have just had the hks gt2835 turbos on my car refurbished with modern internals,just waiting for a couple of bits before it gets remapped.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Geoff, do you think the .85 vband housings will be too sluggish on a 2.6? Fuel octane considered, which setup would be the better choice for a street car. Obviously peak power cannot be achieved without race fuel or e85, pump gas is going to be the limiting factor for both setups in the states. So at the lower boost levels due to fuel which setup excels?
For a twin EFR street car, i prefer 0.64 a/r. With a stock stroke 2.6L engine, the EFR6258 0.64 is a world class combination with pump gas, E85 or race gas.

These 2.6L engines are not great at spooling big turbos, and if you are octane knock limited then it really doesnt make sense to have a giant set of turbos. Modern twin turbos will have less inertia for a given airflow rate compared to a single turbo

I've been interested in this kit for a while now. Since this thread how has everyone experience been with these turbos??
we've had a number of happy customers. The founder/owner of Dsport magazine recently told me this was the best performing RB turbo kit they've tested

Rt on. I'm more intrigued about the performance of twin Borg's vs the manifold. I never really see much info on BW with the RB's.
Im not sure what you mean by this question, but the performance is the best I've experienced on an RB. Ive used almost every single turbo combination imaginable on my personal RB26

Hypertune do twin top mount manifolds using a mix of turbos including G25. Wouldn’t bother with the fullrace few people have had the kit and costing some £10k there are better options out there.
We have also developed G25 kits, however the indefinite production delays mean it may be some time until we can release to the market. Hypertune might have manifolds, but nobody has turbos... Regardless it's highly unlikely the G25 kit would be less expensive as the component list is virtually identical.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts