GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Newbie so please be gentle.
To cut an enormously long story short have been after an R33 GTR for years, been looking on & off for one to catch my eye. After looking in the UK & Japan have only found a couple all of which for a number of reasons I couldnt get my mits on.

Due to the failures above i think i am going to try & build my own, i like tinkering with things & have built a number of projects previously, although not on this scale.

What do you guys think the going rate is for an R33 GTR shell to get the project started & also who has one??

cheers
johnny

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Unless it is some kind of monster build you are planning it will be easier and cheaper to buy a complete car. The reason people break them is because the value of all the parts is greater than that for a complete car. I think your plan will work out fairly expensive and there are still plenty of reasonable condition R33's out there to choose from.

·
Registered
614 Posts
agreed, i just sold mine at a fraction of what it cost me to build..

if you can find a nice rustfree example, you can worry about engine and stuff afterwards
first priority is to get a good starting base, perhaps have a stock one shipped from japan.
then when it arrives, give it a new set of main/rod bearings and a full service.. then think about tuning...

Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies.
From what i have seen in terms of panels, the RB, gearbox & other main/large parts a complete car wont be much different, its the shell that seems the hardest part to come by.
I hate finance so dont want to go down that route, if i can build one i can treat the chassis re-spray it in any colour i want, re-trim the interior & make lots of carbon parts, all jobs ive done before, although done on a smaller more individual scale.
The main point being i dont have to shell out 10 to 12k in one go, the closest i got was Burnsey100's R33 on here that he sold nearly a year ago now.

Johnny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts