GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Excuise me being a noob but never done a track day. Whats that leader car do show you the racing line for a while or something like that?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was there in my hilux great day especially the f1 car ,you where quick ! My mate was on your session but just went backwards through the grid , I had a look round your car afterwards very nice a lot of work gone into that ! What power are you running ?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pace car was just showing the racing line.

Power 550

2nd up the mountain then 3rd into hall bends lol.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Last time I was there my instructor (senior chap, Aston Martin Gt race driver) said I was going into the first bend TOO fast (mid revs in 4th). Now there is a first for me.
He forced me from 2nd gear into mountain to 3rd. Not sure my car liked that sort of speed in something so tight.
Can't beat an instructor session no matter how good you are. Always room for improvement.....

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
Did it last year when I organised a GTROC day in conjunction with the MLR.

Not many GTROC members came - maybe they're just scared of the place.:nervous:
Me and Robbie were there this year. We were the only GT-Rs there.

But where are the posts advertising the MLR days? Last one I saw was Malcolm's announcement of Donington and Cadwell. That was in May. The OC Trackday Coordinator only seems intersted in Silverstone.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Last time I was there my instructor (senior chap, Aston Martin Gt race driver) said I was going into the first bend TOO fast (mid revs in 4th). Now there is a first for me.
He forced me from 2nd gear into mountain to 3rd. Not sure my car liked that sort of speed in something so tight.
Can't beat an instructor session no matter how good you are. Always room for improvement.....
I remember exchanging notes about this with you Dave.

It should be up the mountain in third but I was too chicken to enter at a high enough speed.

Practice makes perfect so maybe I'll have another go with an instructor.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
..need to get on a trackday next year with you guys lol
We missed UK circuits for a 3 years I reckon, favouring plenty of german 'Ring action. :chuckle: But did Knockhill last summer and got the taste again. More the merrier for next year. :)

moleman quick question hows the 6 speeder on track. i suspect 1st is not used at all lol
I really like it. It's been in the car since 2006 and never given me any trouble apart from a loose selector fork at Le Mans. It's on the 4.111 diffs and a single piece prop.
Yeah, first is a moving off gear and I don't use second much on track. 7.5k rpm in 6th is circa 175mph.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts