GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 GTR. Mounted lower dead center on the stub intake runners(where the original ITB's would bolt to) is a valve. 2" square cap with a long tubelike body to it roughly 3-4" long. two ~10mm id hose connections and one electrical clip(blue i think)

What's the purpose of this valve? This car has been converted over to one of those cheap knockoff greddy ebay plenums and 90mm TB and the vacuum routing under the plenum is just an atrocious mess. Flywheel bolts used to plug up vacuum lines, caps missing, bolts missing, etc. I'm just trying to clean it up for a bit and noticed that this particular valve was connected to the bottom of the runners via a rubber hose however the other hose in/out of the valve was plugged by a bolt(an audi FW bolt none the less :eek:) just curious as to what it does.

I'm not talking about the AAC valve, which is currently bolted to the bottom of this crap aftermarket plenum.....

I apologise for all the nagging small questions/posts.

Thanks!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It's another air bleed valve. There is a bi-metalic strip inside and as it gets heated by resistance. It shuts the air flow off. It's basically a booster for cold engine idle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts