GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading another thread that's devolved into a Blackadder quoting contest got me wondering what everyone thinks are the funniest moments in TV & film.

I've forgotten far more than I can remember so hopefully some people on here will jog my memories of weeping with laughter :D

I'll start the ball rolling with some of my own faves...

* Only Fools & Horses - Del leaning on the bar which is no longer there "Play it cool Rodney, play it cool..."
* Blazing Saddles - the beans scene. Need I say more? :D
* Mork & Mindy - as Mork throws an egg into the air "Fly! Be free!" *splat*
* Star Trek - Generations - as the Enterprise is blown out of control and the planet looms into view on the screen ahead of them and Data (completely straight faced character) says "Oooohhhhhhhh sh1t!"

Come on - bring 'em on!! :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
van wilder, turbo lax scene where the guy says his ass is bleeding.

Dumb and dumber: when Lloyd says he fell off the aircraft hanger AGAIN! also the Turbo lax scene in this film.

Just Friends: Hocky puck "no slap shot" and the next 5 minutes.

·
Registered
957 Posts
"It's 1973, nearly lunchtime, and I'm 'aving 'oops!" Life on Mars

The sex scene in Team America

Teaching Heath Ledger to dance in A Knights Tale

The police chase in Hear no Evil, See no Evil. Richard Prior the blind guy driving and Gene Wilder the deaf guy tells him to watch the road!

Mike Myers in a nutshell "No this is me in a nutshell, help, let me out of this nutshell"

Catherine Tate as the granny singing 'I am what I am'. "Chill out .co.uk"

Stephen Fry swapping places with Alan Davies on a Christmas special of QI. And losing many, many points!

The two guys who appear repeatedly when the Buzzcocks teams have to guess which person used to be in a band. The pirate guy is class!

:D :D :D

Suexx

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Robin Hood Men in Tights:
Black Guy to Blind guy named Blinkin: "Hey, Blinkin!"
Blinkin: "Ah did you say Abe Lincoln?"

Blind guy falls out of tree on to ground with real hard thump... stands up, dusts himself off but doing so almost like he can see where the dirt is... realises this, looks up at sky and exclaims "I can see!" then runs off in excitement taking two steps into a tree... "Nope, I was wrong!"

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Life of Brian

man approaches John Cleese

"Is this the People's front of Judea"

John Cleese

" FU.CK OFF.........................................................................Its the Judean peoples front"

best example of swearing in a film (apologies to admin for forcing the swear through)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Its got to be Pheonix nights
1 The bus load of dwarves in the car park "How far away are they"

2 "Whats in your snake eye pie?" "Chicken and Mushroom"

Class

Cheers Sean

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Mookistar said:
Life of Brian

man approaches John Cleese

"Is this the People's front of Judea"

John Cleese

" FU.CK OFF.........................................................................Its the Judean peoples front"

best example of swearing in a film (apologies to admin for forcing the swear through)
That nearly made me **** myself just reading it again. I love that fun, have it on DVD, classics like "Big Nose", and what did the "Romans ever do for us".

Merton giving Angus crap after he was in the papers!

Airplane - had one of the worst bad taste joke ever with the "Fly Air Pakistan" poster in the background just after the big Pakistan air disaster.

The Pink Panther Strikes Back - the fight screen in the living room, in fact everything in that film lol.

Seinfeld

Basil Fawlty

Young Frankenstein

Anything with Oliver and Stan in it.

Father Ted - small, far away

Father Dougal: What are you doing Dougal?
Father Ted: Watching television Ted.
Father Ted: Chewing gum for the eyes.
Father Dougal: No thanks Ted.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Trading places....

"Mortimer.... your brother is unwell!?!?"
"F#ck him !!! "

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
A really old antipidean movie starting Bruno Lawrance(1970's). Cant remember the title tho. Essentially the scene was. Bruno & his mate are broken down on a road in the middle of some desert in Australia.

Its about 60 degrees in the midday day heat & Bruno emerges from under the 1960s Bedford truck utterly covered from head to toe in oil & grease & crap after toiling for hours trying to fix the problem. When his mate enquires "how the repairs were going mate". Bruno replies
"The fcuken, fcukers, fcuked!":D

I couldn't breath for about 5 minutes:D

·
Registered
4,146 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
My fave is the scene in monty pythons life of bryan, when all the guards are trying not to laugh at the name biggus dickus LOL

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
skyline69_uk said:
Father Ted - small, far away

Father Dougal: What are you doing Dougal?
Father Ted: Watching television Ted.
Father Ted: Chewing gum for the eyes.
Father Dougal: No thanks Ted.
Gawd - I'd completely forgotten about Father Ted!

"Dougal -would ya look at that. A perfectly squre piece of dirt on the window." (Ted waves at local Chinese family)

I near p1ssed myself, tears streaming down my face, when I first watched Father Ted. :D:D

Rob - you're comletely right there mate. What a dufus I am, eh? ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
..Planes, Trains and Automobiles - bit where they are in the car as it goes between the two lorries :)

And Father Ted - all classic :) :)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Dumb and Dumber at the end when the bus full of women stops for them, and they ggive directions to the ladies. Seems painfully obvious the ladies want the 2 guys to join them on the bus for a naughty time but they just give the directions... AFter bus starts driving off, they look at each other and Dumb says to Dumber "Do you realise what you've just done?" They both run after the bus which comes to a screeching halt, and get there to the anxious looking bimbo "We're sorry... we meant you have to go the other way!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts