GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, just watched this on youtube (prob been posted before?)

YouTube - skyline

amazing machine, saw it at Santa Pod a few months ago and thought it was amazing(and it wasn't even running!), however, at what stage does a Skyline leave the realms of being a Skyline and become a full on Drag car.Bit of a controversial subject I spose. Not knocking the car for one minute as the video speaks for itself, but what do you think?

A Ford Pop running a 352cu in V8 that does 9 second quaters isn't a Ford Pop, it's a "Doorslammer" as I think they call it in Drag terms.

Interested in any comments you may have on the subject?

Andy

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
A car made with a tube chassis with glass fibre panels would not be a Skyline also if a non RB engine was used. I think I would be happy for anything else to change and still call the car a street Skyline

·
Banned
319 Posts
nice drag car.. but did you know the gtr was made for track racing with the gtr32. but the japs used to drag race in the 80s and 90s and stated to see the drag racing potential of the gtr. I think track racing is much better place for the gtr.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
nice drag car.. but did you know the gtr was made for track racing with the gtr32. but the japs used to drag race in the 80s and 90s and stated to see the drag racing potential of the gtr. I think track racing is much better place for the gtr.
:rolleyes: Well thanks for telling us, im sure we`ll all sleep easier tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.