GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any of 'em ?

Interested to hear how the day went, and to see some pics of the day (if anyone was there with a camera !).

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know what you mean Daz !

It would be intresting to c what tiny power these Skylines have !:D

Unlike us non Sky owners, I dont have to RR my Motor to tell if its going faster !

Just a downhill and a tail wind is all I need !

so come on tell us the numbers, show me the figures !!! (jerry Maguire):D:

Hope you all had a good day,

Ian

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Result

As I am on here and you asked....

My peak power showed 330bhp at the wheels, not sure of how they measured the torque figure but the graph looks impressive...shows about 1300lb but cant remeber what this measures , Fuelling a bit rich but thats the ECU... a good day.. big smile all the way home...

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorted...

330bhp at the wheels :D You must be well pleased Paul mate !

It's a different league to your old Pulsar days ain't it - where you were looking at 300bhp at the fly-wheel.

Congrats mate...

Daz

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great Results!

Hi all,

My beast showed i had no clutch at the wheels so didn't even bloody get there :((((((((((((((((((

My Day by devil dave

left at 9.30 mate late second mate can't get hold of :)

took 3.5 hours to get to 15 miles out of aylesbury cltuch pedal hits carpet doesn't come back called RAC not covered mate calls AA drags car on and i get back at 6.00 PM

9 hours of bollox

Am i happy

**** it!!!!

d

pissed off at home

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear that Dave mate.

Hope you get it sorted ASAP.

Daz

·
Registered
381 Posts
was a good day,

my dads car managed 281.1 bhp at the wheels, thats with filter, exhuast and boost set at 1 bar :) think its quite a good result :)

i'll have a few pics up when i've blured all the plates out :)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one. Cheers matt.

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice one Peter.

You must be pleased with that.

It's quite frightening reading some of the figures coming off this board some times. Take Peters car for a mo - 384 bhp at the wheels....how many of the worlds supposed super sports cars (ferrari, porsche, etc), can claim that kind of power ? I know those cars are not just about power (nor are skylines) but, that is the thing people look at the most when talking about those sorts of cars.

Great stuff.
Daz

Edited because for some reason i put "at the front wheels"....duh ! (still half asleep !)

·
Registered
73 Posts
247.1!

Up 17.1 since my last visit & all I changed was the Exhaust & a bit of Garys magic dust :smokin:

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Daz GTI-R said:
Nice one Peter.

You must be pleased with that.
Quite pleased Daz although I was hoping for 400. When I visited GF before the Bedford track evening, they had trouble with the front nearside wheel skipping on the rollers which affected the result although it looked as though she would have made the 400 mark. Yesterday was warmer than then plus I have changed the induction kit since (shouldn't make much difference). Still it gives me something to aim for. :)

Great day out, you can't fault the GF setup, good kit, good guys and no axes to grind as they aren't into Skylines.

Cheers.

Peter.

PS. At all four wheels.... :)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
great day!!! thanks Dirk for organising...maybe next time I will clean my engine bay....oh, and put some oil in it too:D

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
....oh, and put some oil in it too:D [/B]

What are you like Lisa? Expected to see a gleaming throbbing monster under your bonnet....!

What did she make in the end? Benchmark for Ian to work from I guess.

Peter.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
we made 301....which was great as there have only been minor mods so far!!!!!

yeah, have neglected it somewhat!!!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
301 - cool. What mods have been done tigs ?

Daz

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
well the only thing he has at the mo is a HKS intercooler, HKS downpipes, cat removal pipe, Fujitsu Geiken exhaust, HKS air intakes, oooh and Greddy spark plugs!! thats it really...so good result considering...:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
dyno figures

well how does the BHP at the wheels compare when you look at your dyno sheets from T/JAP look against G/FORCE sheets.
what one reads high and what one is low.
from what i have seen on the MLR it is G/FORCE that reads high
if so are there figures right or wrong.
Peter you asked everyone to take there dyno sheets so that you
could see if the power figures were anywhere near the same.

WERE THEY OR NOT THIS IS THE QUESTION

KEV

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Kev,

No sheets to compare yesterday.

I'm tired of all the debate about different dynos and there will never ever be a conclusive answer to it that everybody agrees with. From a personal point of view, I am 100% happy that the GF figures are genuine and realistic. They are higher than my last dyno run elsewhere but there's still a big question mark over that run anyway plus I've done a number of things to my car since then.

I've got my benchmark now so will only ever return to GF for an update in the future. As long as the figures keep increasing, I'll be happy. :)

Peter.

PS. What car is it that you run? ;)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts