GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Anyone know anything about Gambella GTR Porsche ? I saw one parked up in town today and it looked stunning to say the least (and i'm not a porsche fan).

The guys at work were all asking me about it...

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like the same one

This one was silver too....with what looked like Hockenheim style wheels.

Gorgeous machine...if only i'd had my digital camera !!!

What do those things cost anyway ?

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yup,
I saw it too at Goodwood on Saturday,nice car but I would hate to have paid for it.It must have cost around £150,000.

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm, what did i miss at goodwood the other day then ?

Daz

·
Registered
997 Posts
Daz

Not alot really,just me & Guy swapping Skylines and racing around and enjoying ourselves.Boys will be boys you know.;)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Henry,

Were you driving at Goodwood? If so, how did you get past the noise level test?

Peter.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Gemballa

The car currently holds the road car lap record of the Nurburgring. Although I beleive the FIA or whoever hasn't timed it yet. Apparently it was just the Gemballa team with a stopwatch. They recorded a 7min32.5

Check out their website.

http://www.gemballa.com/

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hot Porkers

If you’re impressed with the Gemballa you should see the Tech Art 996 turbo www.techart.de

They are far more popular in Germany and in my opinion much better looking and with around 530bhp go like 5h!t

I’d swap Skyline for one but at €170,000 I don’t think I’ll get any takers on that.

Paul.

Attachments

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Was it the new water cooled porker or an older version like:

www.supercars.net/cars/[email protected]$Porsche%[email protected]$911%20Lemans%20Biturbo.html

Or the newer ones like:

www.supercars.net/cars/[email protected]$Porsche%[email protected]$GTR%20600.html
www.supercars.net/cars/[email protected]$Porsche%[email protected]$911%20Turbo%20550.html

This is actually a very good supercar site.
Check out the modded Lambos, Ferraris and 911's.:smokin: :smokin:

P.s. You will have to cut and paste the whole link as its only recognising part of the address.:confused:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Daz

Henry said:
Not alot really,just me & Guy swapping Skylines and racing around and enjoying ourselves.Boys will be boys you know.;)

Sounds like fun !! Let me know when you're next going up there, i'd like to pop along. I won't be allowed on track though....i reckon my motor is a touch too noisey for them ;)

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah Right, either way, i'll come along if you go again...haven't been to anything like that for a while.

The model i saw yesterday was a 996 GT3. Just been looking round gambella.com. Lurrrrrrrrvely !

Cheers for all the feedback guys, found some useful info.

Daz

·
Registered
404 Posts
Pick a porker

Scott,

It was none of the above, It was a Gemballa Porsche 600 (996 turbo). Got around in 7:32.52

This record holds no water because it was not a standard production car :(

Whats more though is that Gemballa, Ruf, and Tech Art are all going to be running cars around the ring this year trying to set the record. :cool:

So let the best man win :)

Paul.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts