GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had any fitting issues/general quality issues with these??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, mine came from japan few days ago went to fit today it didn't fit right and on closer inspection it was cracked in one place and it also had loads of what look like air bubbles in the resin/laminate this has really ****ed off as i could of bought one of them cheap copies off of ebay but wanted top quality so bought the genuine article and its turned out to be a pile of crap:chairshot .

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I was considering this myself, so maybe will think twice now.

Does anybody use the AutoSelect item? Is this like the Garage Defend item?

From what i've seen they do seem to "very" fragile. And do crack around the mounting holes after some time or on removal/installation several times.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have sent over a few of these for customers, and never had any come back.

Although they are good they are not made with pre-fab carbon, but made wet, same quality as Auto select...and both companies produce a better quality product than Top Secret.

Top Secret had a CF diffuser in the store, which was made from 2 pieces of CF (This is ok but you need to over lap the CF by 2.5cm to get the same bond strength) there was a gap in parts there the CF hardly touched.

If you want top quality CF products you need to go for nismo, so far ahead of the game when it comes to cf parts.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Hehehe!!! Shame they don't do the cooling panel!!! They do nice bonnets though....!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hehehe!!! Shame they don't do the cooling panel!!! They do nice bonnets though....!!!
Indeed they do mate, :squintdan

I am looking into a new vacume pump and oven, might have a go at some CF stuff, I have made a few bits and the different between pre fab and wet lay is amazing.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
where's the garage defend emblem?????? im sure they are pre-fitted at source to the surface??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope just come lose in the box with the panel

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
the weave looks heavy compared to others i have seen, anyone else post up a picture of their defend. Who supplied it, maybe its a cheap copy with a defend badge chucked in to fool you

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will just have to contact the seller as they are one of the reputable seller out there, but i do think that garage defends quality control has seriously let then down on this occasion :(

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Or post a picture up of your emblem...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well considering it cam in a big box with GARAGE DEFEND Gt. Cooling Panel written all over it i think its safe to say its the real deal, but your right from the pics i seen of them b4 it does seem to be a different weave

·
Registered
304 Posts
I bought a genuine Garage Defend panel for my R34 and was very dissapointed, It came pre cracked for me and also had bubbles. Fitment was also pretty horrible. I tossed it in favor of a ARC aluminum one and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Slightly off thread chaps -- is 'Garage Defend' a trade name then ?
I thought it was a generic name, like 'slam' panel - I didn't understand where it came from, but that's what I thought.
Any enlightenment please ?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Yeh AFAIK "Garage Defend" is a trading name

GT cooling panel is the part name

1 - 20 of 21 Posts