GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once heard a man say..... " having a supercar and not driving it is like having a girlfriend and not shagging her "

Personally, right or wrong, I drive the GTR everyday. I didn't buy her to look at tucked up in a garage.

so.... its nearly easter..... cadburys creme eggs everywhere so the question is not ' how do you eat yours ? ' but more " how often do you drive yours" ?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I keep mine looking like a garage queen.. Detailed, waxed and cleaned regularly.. Drive it pretty regularly..

But late at night, when the streets are quiet and city sleeps.. Baddd things happen ;)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Driven everyday, I didn't buy it to worry about resale value, not bothered about the next owner, I'm bothered about the enjoyment I have during my ownership.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Once I get mine it will be driven daily. I too live to enjoy the car and whilst I have the utmost respect for those who use their cars (whatever they are) just at the weekends, Im on Dean Kenny's side and want to enjoy, smile, giggle and drive it as much as possible...Your too long dead and we are here for a good time not a long time:smokin:

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts
Used to drive my modded 33 daily for 7 years but then saw the paint fade, dents and scratches begin to appear. Now my new addition 35 is just for dry days where I know I can park her up safely.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Used to drive my modded 33 daily for 7 years but then saw the paint fade, dents and scratches begin to appear. Now my new addition 35 is just for dry days where I know I can park her up safely.
So having read many many posts on this forum most of the owners refer to their GTR as a "Her".......Personally I see it as a "Him" A Japanese Samurai Warrior ready to slay and, conquer and destroy other "supercars" costing £££££££££££££££ more;):thumbsup:;):thumbsup:;):clap::thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bought "it" new 4 years 9 months ago, just got back after doing pretty much exactly 1000 miles since Tuesday morning (in the UK), currently at 80500 ish miles

Clay bar twice a year, never been near a car wash or dealer's sponge wielder. DMG still looks swirl free and fabulous

Brilliant at everything except inner city multi story carparks (it doesn't fit) and standing water...

Guy

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Really?? Where did you go in Weymouth?

I have not seen any other colour than white in Weymouth.

Tell a lie: Apart from TrevGTR ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had finished work earlier than expected in Street, Somerset and had to be west of Southampton the following day, so took a detour via Weymouth - I was brought up in Bristol and used to holiday there most years so a "trip down memory lane" was called for....parked on the seafront for an hour an had a wander round. Bloody cold. Nobody making crazy sand sculptures anymore...

Guy

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yep, Weymouth certainly has gone downhill ever since the Olympics, when the sailing left it left Weymouth in absolute tatters. Half the shops are boarded up and all the local events people were used to, like you mentioned are all gone!

What Weymouth got left with is a £15million traffic system which does not work, and scared holiday makers away.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know what you mean - when I go back to Bristol now, the traffic system is very different, and the gap between newer, "nicer" areas, and older areas that I remember and aren't so nice now is incredible. Sorry - remembered where I am... we should be talking about mods, or brake pads, what happened to that other car that you were going to buy, or why DMG was always the classiest colur, much better than white etc etc....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Bought "it" new 4 years 9 months ago, just got back after doing pretty much exactly 1000 miles since Tuesday morning (in the UK), currently at 80500 ish miles

Clay bar twice a year, never been near a car wash or dealer's sponge wielder. DMG still looks swirl free and fabulous

Brilliant at everything except inner city multi story carparks (it doesn't fit) and standing water...

Guy
Wow Guy that's good going...Good on ya. :bowdown1::bowdown1:

So what's the reliability been like post 40k as I haven't seen or heard of a GTR with that sort of mileage:confused:. Also what make of clay bar do you use and what's you cleaning / polishing technique? Lambs wool/Microfiber mit to wash and microfiber towels to dry?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts