GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know a garage in the gtr Manchester area that will clean up and underseal my R33? I'm getting some surface rust at the seams and spotting on the fuel lines. My local garages either say its too messy or look at me like I've grown a second head.

Cheers Sean

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
covering the rust with wax isnt really the solution, if its rusty, its kinda too late, the rust needs removing and treating before waxoyle is used, its a preventative not a cure.

Must do mine sometime soon (for the 20th time of saying)

Mark.

P.S. Done lots, Mostly old landrovers and Volkswagens, never turned one away yet for being too messy

·
Registered
510 Posts
WE CHARGE £99+VAT WHEN WE DO OUR CARS

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
covering the rust with wax isnt really the solution, if its rusty, its kinda too late, the rust needs removing and treating before waxoyle is used, its a preventative not a cure.
Was planning on that first!

Marky which side of Sheffield are you on and could you do mine?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Just about any garage will do it ... its just making sure they do it well :D

Anyway ... you are buggered up here untill it stops snowing, we need the car bone dry before its prepped and it needs a day to seal.

Take it out after its been sealed and its wet it will all just peel off :(

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Lol, of course I do :)

Its no hassle m8 .... I hate the icky stuff anyway and Callum though he was some form of butterfly after we did one a few weeks ago with the doors shut :eek:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Crail Loser said:
Callum though he was some form of butterfly after we did one a few weeks ago with the doors shut :eek:
Sounds normal to me! :D

In that case everyone take your car to Marc!

So when you wanting to do mine? ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts