GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am planning to buy GT2860R -5 turbos for my GTR34. Does this turbos require special parts to fit in or it can fit in directly like HKS 2530? If it needs special parts can you please list them to me?

This turbos are relatiely cheaper compared to HKS. I hope it will worth it...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
hi mate,

i have these turbos and they are a straight swap for the std items, no mods required for fitting... tbh there is nothing between these and the 2530's !

Ta,

Pete

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Hi Pete, where did you get these and how much were they??
What sort of revs do they start to spool compared to stock??

TT

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
aren't the -5's the same as the N1 turbo's? and i thought the -7's are the same as 2530's?

Or am i wrong...

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Other way round I think Faz. -7's like GT-SS....-5 like 2530's.

Loads of info HERE.

TT

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi,

I am planning to buy GT2860R -5 turbos for my GTR34. Does this turbos require special parts to fit in or it can fit in directly like HKS 2530? If it needs special parts can you please list them to me?

This turbos are relatiely cheaper compared to HKS. I hope it will worth it...

Thanks
hey mate,
ive just had these fitted on mine. sooooooooooooooooooooooooo pleased with the performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had hks gtrs before and they never done $hit untill you hit 6000rpm.....
my new garrett gt28-60r/5 turbos start pulling at 3000rpm!!!!!!!!!!
my car now drives like a f$$kin go kart!!!!!!!!!

you dont need no extra bits, they are a direct replacement.
i paid £1400 inclusive of vat brand new from rising sun in hampshire.
the garrett gt28-60r/5 turbos are the ball bearing type and i have been advised that you can run loads of boost through them no probs.
im running 1.5 on high boost and am pretty sure my cars running around 600bhp at the fly wheel, although i have to go back and get it mapped on the dyno when its fixed.
:squintdan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan
these turbos came highly recommended to me by rising sun, and they were oh so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you will not be disapointed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts