GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, like all turbo, it is always boost threshold vs power. So here is the question, which one of the following turbo have LOWER boost threshold.

HKS T04Z
Compressor wheel:
Trim:63
ind:66.7mm,
ext:84mm

Turbine Wheel:
trim: 76
ind: 74.2mm
ext: 64.7mm
Housing: A/R 0.81

VS

Garrett 4088R
Compressor Wheel:
Trim: 52
ind:63.5mm
ext: 88.0mm
Housing: A/R 0.72

Turbine Wheel:
Trim: 78
Wheel: 77.0mm
Housing: A/R 0.85

I am trying to be as specific as I can. I am really looking for a lower boost threshold then absolute power. But I am not too sure about how to read trim, etc when it comes to calculating.

Thanks for the help... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Higher trim number indicates superior efficiency - how that relates to on-road performance though is a tough one to gauge.

T04Z is impressive even on a 2600...........very linear boost delivery.

The Garrett sounds interesting, is that a new release?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the 0.85 turbine housing is a new relese. It use to be only 0.95, 1.06, and 1.16. So with this 0.85 turbine housing, should give T04Z a good run for its money.

·
Registered
303 Posts
so in essence, the gt4088 has a smaller compressor wheel, but bigger turbine wheel. I'm not sure how that affects the 'performance' of a turbo but it'd have to affect the spool time and how much it can flow at higher rpm (bigger rear housing affects flow at high rpm correct? i.e a bigger one would flow more) and the smaller compressor would mean it'd spool quicker? so if thats correct, the gt4088 would spool quicker, and be able to flow more air, meaning higher power output.

I think thats how it works. Sorry if ive confused everyone :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts