GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys n girls just thinking of getting rid of the r33 n1s and doing a garrett t04z single. The motor will be built with cp pistons, carrillo rods, arp bolts, cryo the crank, clean up the block. The head will be ported and cleaned up, jun cams specs to be deecided. The car is a track car that i drive on the street once in a blue moon. i am lead to belive this turbo is very simaller to the hkst04z. I intend on a 9200rpm rev limit. The turbo specs are bellow.

Garrett Number: TO4Z Part Number: SB8011
Comp Housing: .70 AR Turbine Housing: .84
Externally Wastegated, 750+HP, TO4B Flange, split pulse

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Mate

Check out this thread from SAU (if you havent seen it already) - its 3 pages of dyno graphs for rb26 with different turbos and setups.

Post No 5 & 12 by R32-GTS - he has used the garret t04z (the.84 I believe) - with awesome results. I to am debating whether to go this route or stick with twins. The T04Z seems to be really producing the numbers.

627HP is not to shabby at all ;)

Rb26 Turbo Upgrade, All Dyno Results - Skylines Australia

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey mate,

thought i would give you me 2c - yeah the T04z's are a great combination for the rb26...but ultimately for the track i personally would go for a set of lowmounts like the 2530's. A setup like the mines car would be the best in my book. Prob could make 370awkw+ with a set??

That said i would say that the T04z is better than the larger lowmounts 2540's, GTRS's or t518z's...

The T04z would be spooling at round 5k with the right setup and give you great top end through to your 9k+ rpm.

Goodluck!

Cheers,

Francisco

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
The T04z would be spooling at round 5k with the right setup and give you great top end through to your 9k+ rpm.

Goodluck!

Cheers,

Francisco
Don't know about the Garrett T04Z, but the HKS T04Z spools well below 5k on mine, but it is 2.8. Not sure exactly what difference in spooling the bigger displacement has, but would be interested to see the difference if anyone has info?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
From the few dyno plots I've seen from 2.6 litre engines. T04Z with 1.00 ex.
Seem to start producing boost at around 3500rpm, but strong climb from 4200. Full boost by 5000.

Most have atleast 260 deg cams, but probably better suited to 272 - 280's.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The TO4z has both good and bad features, so there is quite a lot to think about.

Best feature is the magnificent compressor with an unusually broad flow range and very high efficiency. The ball bearing centre is an excellent feature too, as many of the larger sized T4 flanged turbos still have sleeve bearings.

Most controversial feature is the old style P flow T4 turbine wheel with its 35 year old blade shape and ancient aerodynamics. But to even things up, the old T4 turbo has an absolutely vast range of different turbine housings available for it. Single entry a/r 0.5, 0.58, 0.81, 0.96, 1.30 and 1.71 Split pulse a/r 0.58, 0.7, 0.82, 1.0, 1.15, 1.32, and 1.52.

Many of the modern GT ball bearing turbos only have two or three alternative turbine housings available, and the larger sized GT turbos run sleeve bearings anyway.

Popular choice on an RB26 is the 0.82 split pulse exhaust housing that reaches full boost typically around 5,000 Rpm. But an 0.7 split housing is also available that should lower that to around 4,300 Rpm. Plenty of choices on the exhaust side make the TO4z a rather interesting turbo to play with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all you help and comments guys i have choosen to go the t04z (garrett) it has arrived and looks cool but due to work commtments i will not be around to play with it as soon as i get the car going i well post a dyno sheet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts