GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a matched pair of standard a/r .42 Garretts for sale. Rebuilt by RK Tuning with steel internals and 360 roller bearings. Slight play in both turbos, but the wheels do not touch the sides.

I bought them a few months ago and on the day of fitting them noticed that one of the turbos has cracking in the exhaust housing around the wastegate port, and will probably need a new exhaust housing. I was told they worked fine when I bought them, but I decided not to risk it and left them. Its up to the buyer if they fit them as is - they may work, but one may not hold boost, I dont know...

Pics can be posted/emailed upon request.

Up for a lot less than I paid - £250 + postage.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
What direction is the play in up and down or in and out

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just been and checked them.

The one with the crack has very slight in/out play and around 1mm side/side play. The good one is the opposite - very slight side/side play and around 1mm in/out play. Also, seeing them just now reminded me that the one with the crack has a snapped stud in the exhaust housing, but I have a new stud and new inlet and exhaust turbo gaskets here also which I will chuck in (all brand new Nissan parts).

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still got these, just want rid now as im saving for a house deposit, so wont be getting them fitted. £150 posted. Bargain for what is probably a perfectly fine set of uprated turbos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts