GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are able to offer brand new Garrett 707160-5,7,9 and 10 at very good prices. We currently have two 707160-5 turbos and one set of 707160-10's in stock. Can also supply braided oil and water lines to replace the hard oem Nissan pipe work.

707160-5 £1420 Shipped

707160-7 £1420 Shipped

707160-9 £1380 Shipped

707160-10 £1520 Shipped

PM for further details.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The -5 are rated to between 250-360bhp, -7 are rated between 150- 310bhp, -9 rated between 250-360bhp and -10 between 280-475bhp.

These are all figures supplied by Garrett, but in reality their figures are optimistic.

-5 are normally good for up to 650bhp (HKS 2530 equiv), -7 are normally for around 500bhp (R34 N1 Equiv), -9 around 580 bhp (HKS GTSS equiv) and -10 around 750bhp (HKS GTRS) but as with all things there are other factors involved on how much power you will make such as general condition of your engine, head work, fueling, mapping etc.

More information including compressor and turbine maps can be found here:

Products | Turbochargers (1)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I need the lower oil and water lines but may also want to change top water lines if the price is good.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Great prices and wish you guys had posted up sooner!

Worth mentioning that with the ballbearing turbos to run banjo restrictors....hks do them

On the -5s the hole fittings for the oil drain are shorter and you will need to drill them out on the drain fitting to get the right centers. -7s you dont as ive just fitted mine :)

Id recommend the braided lines faffing around with the stock setup hard pipes is a pain in the ass and stuff breaks.as.its all brittle.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed, we have sold a couple of these kits together with oil and water feed lines and water return lines.

Yes these oil restrictors are available from HKS.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
^^ sorry for being ignorant but what is the benefit of upgrading to GTX wheel? is the GTX wheel available for -7, -9 and -10 as well? thanks

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GTX is Garrett's new billet wheel with new profile. Spool up times are much improved over the old spec wheels. -10 can be supplied with GTX wheels, will have to check on -7 and -9.

But why have a -7 or -9 when you can upgrade the -5 which will have spool up similar to a -9 and make more power too.

·
Registered
502 Posts
GTX is Garrett's new billet wheel with new profile. Spool up times are much improved over the old spec wheels. -10 can be supplied with GTX wheels, will have to check on -7 and -9.

But why have a -7 or -9 when you can upgrade the -5 which will have spool up similar to a -9 and make more power too.
But surely a -9 with a GTX wheel will spool up and respond better than -5 with a GTX wheel and would be better if -9 can make as much power as you need.

I guess a GTX wheel for a -9 should fit HKS GT-SS turbos. If so and there is one available I would be interested.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes that is true but as of yet our suppliers do not have a wheel for a -9 or -7 yet. I will update you once they become available.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One set of -5 in stock for immediate shipment. A set of -9 due to arrive next week. Pm if interested.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts