GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey:

Went load some cds into hard drive, and looks to me like you have to play each track while it records..... could not be asked to sit there or leave the car with ignition on while uploads the music.

thoughts please.. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Nope.

It takes anywhere form 8-15 minutes to record a cd to the HD depending upon its size. You dont have to listen to the whole cd.

And yes, it is a very double gay question because...

1. It's in the manual....

2. Search the forum as it's been discussed before....

;)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Don't do it with the ignition on either, it will flatten the battery after a few hours.

Take a few CDs with you on a long drive on the passenger seat and burn them then. You can set the system to auto-record every CD and it shows when it's finished burning. It usually only needs to play 3-4 tracks before it has burnt the whole CD.

It is a pain, but once it's done it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
is there any way to quicken the 'burn' process??
i find this sort of thing amazing.:chairshot

you are essentially transfering logic data from one medium to another as if by magic, which personally blows my mind anyway, but your not happy at how fast this magic happens.

whats the rush? :nervous:

k

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
when youve got so many of these cd's to burn its a real pain in the butt to have to wait - have already been through this with my ipod!

would have thought there would be an easier way to get them onto the HD -i.e directly via USB from an IPOD?? - i.e. its just like copying files from one HD to another HD is it not???

·
Registered
180 Posts
Few more gay questions:

1) Can the internal HDD be upgraded replaced? Has anyone tried this and how easy was it? What are its specs? Is it a SATA or IDE interface?

2) Also, I'm finding Music Box is fine for burning regular CDs (currently transferred 75 and it's about half full). However, I have a lot of random tracks I've downloaded over the years that don't belong to any particular album.

Is there a way I can transfer these all over as one huge playlist i.e. not spanned across several albums on the HDD but as one single album with 100 tracks etc?

Or am I constrained by the number of tracks I can fit on a single CD?

Am going to try it anyway in a couple of ways:

1) I'll burn the tracks on multiple CDs but give them all the same album name (using CD-TEXT from iTunes)

2) I'll burn the tracks on multiple CDs but give them no name and see how the Musicbox manages it.

Is there another way to merge albums?

Will let you know what I find anyway when I try it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i find this sort of thing amazing.:chairshot

you are essentially transfering logic data from one medium to another as if by magic, which personally blows my mind anyway, but your not happy at how fast this magic happens.

whats the rush? :nervous:

k
Great post :thumbsup:

"...which personally blows my mind anyway ..."
Do you get out much? :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.