GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another load of complete bollocks! I've binned every email that has GDPR in the subject line and will continue to do so. Does it really mean that all these companies who I've approached for information in the past will wipe my company details from their databases? I doubt it very much.

Whatever happened to blocking emails or unsubscribing? It just seems like a massive waste of resources having to send out all these emails requesting your permission to carry on receiving emails! Maybe I'm missing its true purpose but it does seem to be a very futile exercise that is going to be short lived.

Rant over:mad:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yet more bullshit and expense being piled onto the already ridiculous cost of running a business these days. I personally think its the biggest load of balls ever concocted.

If you actually read the legislation, the big multinationals will still sell your details, cold call you, strategically market you based on your Facebook thumb ups and hearts and all that shite. It's all been branded "legitimate interest" . So all those data privacy crusaders are just a noise in the corner and gdpr has been invented to quieten them down a bit, in reality its just a big waste of time and resources for businesses that could be spending the time and money elsewhere to further their business!!!!!!!!!!

Whole thing does make my blood boil the amount of time I've wasted over the bloody thing these past months

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not even sure if I’m meant to have addressed it myself but I have done absolutely nothing about it yet and don’t intend to. Some people revel in complying with unnecessary procedures but I just don’t buy into it. I recently had a safety assessment from the local council as I’m having a work experience student in the Summer and the assessor was horrified that I hadn’t got PAT test certificates on any of my office appliances! He was even more horrified when I explained that they never would have them as they weren’t portable which is what the P in PAT stands for:rolleyes:

Sometimes we need to stand up to jobsworths and bullshitters otherwise we’ll disappear up our own arses by getting bogged down with the seriously unimportant issues that they push on us.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Will it stop these twats texting me saying my bank account (which I don***8217;t have) has been hacked?

If so, I***8217;m in.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strangely enough, I'm receiving more emails than ever from people who I've never even dealt with asking me to authorise them to 'stay in touch'. Spammers stop at nothing!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have had months of this BS.

And today found out that they have snuck in a nice little earner on the back of it!

"Under the 2018 Regulations, organisations that determine the purpose for which personal data is processed (controllers) must pay the ICO a data protection fee unless they are exempt. These fees fund our data protection work, which includes our work under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA).

There are three different tiers of fee and controllers are expected to pay between £40 and £2,900. The fees are set by Parliament to reflect what it believes is appropriate based on the risks posed by the processing of personal data by controllers.

Tier 1 ***8211; micro organisations
You have a maximum turnover of £632,000 for your financial year or
no more than 10 members of staff. The fee for tier 1 is £40.
Tier 2 ***8211; small and medium organisations
You have a maximum turnover of £36 million for your financial year or no more than 250 members of staff. The fee for tier 2 is £60.
Tier 3 ***8211; large organisations
If you do not meet the criteria for tier 1 or tier 2, you have to pay the tier 3 fee of £2,900."

More red tape, more hassle, more "tax"!

Trouble is being in tier three, even though I have less than 100 staff in five companies and the companies all starting with "A", you can bet your arse if they do audit someone it will be us!

The legislation is, like most legislation, the most ill thought out pile of shite that hinders rather than helps!

And you can bet your arse that the UK will follow the rules to the letter, whereas the rest of Europe will thumb their nose at it!

I do have to wonder if the recent issues with latency on Office 365 email in the UK can be put down to the amount of email traffic everyone is sending due to this Bollocks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts