GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this has been covered b4, coudnt find on search thingy...

but how fast in each gear will a r33 gtr do on a standard 5 speed box?
and whats the max speed assuming using the "standard" redline of 8,250rpm?
also assuming the car has to the power to get there.

i knoe my car is good for at least 175mph, as my road angel told me so. and there was some left in it, but ran out of track.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek: :eek: JEEPERS!!! over 190 on a standard box. these cars truly are legendary. i thought 175 was impressive.

most modern so-called super cars cant get up that high.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
Nick, search harder mate. There is a spreadsheet that gives gear ratios for 32/33s that has been posted many times. I have it as a bookmark on my laptop - not on that at the moment. It's worth looking for because you can alter the wheel/tyre size too for an accurate prediction.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick, search harder mate. There is a spreadsheet that gives gear ratios for 32/33s that has been posted many times. I have it as a bookmark on my laptop - not on that at the moment. It's worth looking for because you can alter the wheel/tyre size too for an accurate prediction.
Cmany thanks for that.. will search harder in future.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
I'm back in work tomorrow, if I find the link I'll post it up.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MOLEMAN... thats great info. just what i was looking for.

thank you very much.

202mph in theory? assuming the car has the power to get there?

which leads to another Q. are all cars geared higher than the car can phsically go in stock format?

i.e, would the gearing on the civic type R, in theory be capable of say, 180mph if the engine was modded. or is it just a skyline trait? as they knew people would be modifying them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts