GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question before I remove the above parts. Is there anything I need to know or do the parts just pop off? I have just ordered a new gaiter for both my shifter and handbrake as looking to replace the old parts with something new.

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Gear shift you need to take out the ashtray and remove the screw behind there, and the using a soft flat blade (credit card is perfect) prise up the plastic surround around the gearstick and you'll be able to remove and replace.

Handbrake is sort wedged in so should wriggle free from memory.

Mike

·
Registered
953 Posts
those are the same ones I am going to be getting :) just ordered myself a hkb boss kit and omp wheel... then it's the gaiters mentioned above and a set of nice shiny foot pedals ;) ...oh and not forgetting chrome dial rings for the center gauges and main dials.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just taken apart the shifter housing. Whats the best way to remove the old gaiter as its secured onto the plastic trim with some metal clip fixings? I dont want to damage anything incase I need to use the fixings again for the new gaiter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
be careful some of them supply a flimsy metal frame that is useless and the gaiter will not fit properly or lift up.
Mate you were bang on!! I received the gear shift gaiter which is perfect but the handbrake gaiter....MY GOD what a nightmare!! You were right does not fit at all. Put it into position and as soon as you replace the center trim the gaiter is too small and lifts up. I have to admit the whole design of the gaiter fitment is crap anyway on the R33. I even used the stock thicker metal frame and still no good. I have emailed the seller in hope to get a refund for the handbrake gaiter....

That being said can anyone recommend a gaiter with red stitching that WILL FIT?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.