GTR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
Why do the forks have to be changed?
I have been advised that changing gear on a high powered car and the fact the gears have a different pitch and angle and some are wider it puts a greater load on the forks. I was quoted 2K for them. I also now a few guys that change them on fully built boxes , granted they are over1200hp , but its been recommended to me.

Vendor
I have a customer running over 1250 bhp for two yrs without gearbox issues on std forks.

same can't be said regarding the engine though馃槀

Registered
So where do you need to be at 1000 lb/ft

1-6 gearset
output shaft
drop gears
4wd gears and clutch
complete clutch

Anything else?
If that's all that's required then it's not too bad really if you look at Linney prices. Labour will add a big chunk on top for most people.

Premium Member
Are the Linney prices ex-VAT on the website though? Some things seem to be exactly 20% less than other UK sellers e.g. Ecutek dongles?? Either that or a bargain is to be had!

Premium Member
Are the Linney prices ex-VAT on the website though? Some things seem to be exactly 20% less than other UK sellers e.g. Ecutek dongles?? Either that or a bargain is to be had!
yes ex vat so add 20% on top

Registered
I have a customer running over 1250 bhp for two yrs without gearbox issues on std forks.

same can't be said regarding the engine though馃槀
Same here.

I have 950ftlbs wheel torque and over 1025 wheel HP/1200 engine BHP with PPG V3 and standard shift forks.

Not to say that aftermarket shift forks would not improve reliability, but standard shift forks do work.

I have been advised that changing gear on a high powered car and the fact the gears have a different pitch and angle and some are wider it puts a greater load on the forks. I was quoted 2K for them. I also now a few guys that change them on fully built boxes , granted they are over1200hp , but its been recommended to me.
As above Derek, shift forks are not a necessity, but might be a nice to have.

Which gearbox upgrade are you planning?

Registered
Don鈥檛 Albins offer 2 variations?
Albins do the extreme and the monster, the monster is where to go for over 2000hp if your going with Albins

Registered
Why do the forks have to be changed?
They dont! In theory if you break a fork its because there is something else wrong! However after throwing XX拢 at a trans it seems a bit silly not to upgrade everything, its normally one fork 1&R

Vendor
What's the difference in the two gear kits from Albins? I can't find any info on the monster one.

Registered
What's the difference in the two gear kits from Albins? I can't find any info on the monster one.
Monster has all gears much bigger, R is tiny to make room, it also comes with billet midplate and all bearings etc
Pics are top Albins left Stock right, Pic 2 is Monster left V Extreme right

Attachments

Registered
Isn't the monster one where the case is spaced out to accommodate wider gears ?
No just bigger gears but new billet midplate included

Registered
How much is the monster set?
I believe around 11K thats if you can even find one, ACS have one, JM bought one and I understand Jamie Lumley got one.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts