GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car fitted with AccessPort lifting up the speed limitier with customize tunnig but gearbox having a issue.
'08 r35 with chasis above 5800 encounter gearbox software cannot be upgraded.Funny reaction while tuning the car.
Anyone able to rectified the problem?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
You won't be tuning your TCM, at the moment its purely beta testing speed limiter removal for those that really have it on their new JDM 35.

If you can not do the flash it sounds like possible your have a new tcm rom file which Cobb hasn't had access to, in which case you'll be asked to save/dump the rom file

Your really better off communication directly with the man who sent you out the email with new software to download, rather than posting here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Had my car fitted with AccessPort lifting up the speed limitier with customize tunnig but gearbox having a issue.
'08 r35 with chasis above 5800 encounter gearbox software cannot be upgraded.Funny reaction while tuning the car.
Anyone able to rectified the problem?
As far as I know the only GT-Rs that had a problem being upgraded were the GT-Rs builds below 1000. Our JDM GT-R is number 1350 or close to that, and I've run Launch Control Version 1 and 2 on the car without any problems. You should be able upgrade your TCM to Launch Control Version 2. When Nissan puts out an update for the TCM they also include a file that tells the Consult III what old version of the TCM the new file can go on. So if you go to Nissan and they say the can update your TCM then I wouldn't worry about it.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts