GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Turns out the guy in question had done 70+ launches. Do people seriously expect to do this 70 times with no issues
Clearly....
I agree with you that its just plain crazy to hard launch a car THAT many times, especially a new car IMHO.

While I wouldnt go so far as to say they deserved a broken 'box I think they are asking for trouble.

TT

·
Registered
448 Posts
sticker tires would help reduce wheel hop? im not a drag expert by any means. if it were up to me i would remove launch control all togehther.
Stickier tyres is the last thing you want in this situatiuon, it will just move all the massive loadings somwhere else along the drive train. The more grip you have on the road the worse the situation will be......................

At least if you have some wheel spin this is power being lost that is not winding up the diff or gearbox somewhere.

Why not put in driveshafts that will sacrificially fail (safely of course)before any of the major components let go, surely that would save a lot of heartache :thumbsup: Daft suggestion I now but possibly a relatively simple and inexpensive fix

·
Registered
247 Posts
The GT-R have VSDR(VehicleStatusDataRecorder)
No warranty if you use LC or drive with VDC off

If the gearbox is broken and you can add 1+1 you know what nissan check

·
Registered
17 Posts
To the guys wondering how to disable the launch control altogether.

I changed the oem suspension to the Mine's Esta II's, the "R" mode for the suspension won't illuminate anymore, I tried the launch control sequence and launch control won't engage.
I emailed Mine's about it and they are aware you lose the launch control once the suspension is changed.
I for one was not concerned about losing it at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It would be nice if Nissan produced a definitive statement re L/C and subsequent warranty. I spoke to my dealer some time earlier this year and they suggested that such a statement was forthcoming. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
247 Posts
It would be nice if Nissan produced a definitive statement re L/C and subsequent warranty. I spoke to my dealer some time earlier this year and they suggested that such a statement was forthcoming. :thumbsup:
Why?

If you read the warranty information from the GT-R guide. You can read you have no warranty ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's hardly descriptive though is it. Does this mean even if you switch if off just once that your entire warranty is null and void. I suspect not. What it means is that you're not covered for any failures WHILST it's off.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's hardly descriptive though is it. Does this mean even if you switch if off just once that your entire warranty is null and void. I suspect not. What it means is that you're not covered for any failures WHILST it's off.
The VDC OFF mode should only be used to help free a vehicle stuck in mud or snow by temporanily stopping VDC operation and keeping torque on wheels.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Somebody would complain about the car not having it..

It's easy, use the car as it is intended to and you'll have no issues with the warranty.

I can't believe that people think that manufacturers will warrant everything and every abuse.. They don't have too much gearboxes lying around..

Marc

·
Registered
320 Posts
Then Nissan shouldn't go telling people that it'll do 0-62 in 3.5secs if you're voiding the warranty when you do so then!!!

Imagine Dell selling computers with a button on the keyboard that says "Do not press, doing so will void your warranty"!?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Not to be offensive...

..but Dell still sells computers that can be formated with entering "format c:" at the command prompt.

It's totally up to you. F'in the clutch on my company car and launching it hard with awkward gear changes,f'in the gearbox, isn't guaranteed either..

If more gearboxes will get killed they'll simply change the launch control program or disable the LC on the next service..

Marc

·
Registered
320 Posts
There is a difference between formatting a Hard Drive (or rather restoring its index) and causing bad sectors my friend...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I've never meant to be offensive Mate..

More and more complaining about that warranty is coming up... If it's a design fault in the gearbox, they will have to change it. If you're f'in it up with the LC, its not their problem. You can do to your car whatever you want, its yours, you bought it. But they won't warrant anything if you kill it with the LC.

Its the same thing like selling non-limited everywhere else in the world then Germany, you aren't allowed to drive faster then the speedlimits but you could.

Peeps that aren't cool with the LC function could remove it by asking the dealer to cut the wires or simply not buy the car.

Marc

21 - 40 of 70 Posts