GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its my turn to have Gearbox issues. I can reverse ok and 1st but that's it , when the car tries to shift to 2nd it just ends up in Neutral with the no 2 flashing.

My local indy are a bit hit and miss at the weekends and I don't have a cable to check the codes:confused:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Looks like its my turn to have Gearbox issues. I can reverse ok and 1st but that's it , when the car tries to shift to 2nd it just ends up in Neutral with the no 2 flashing.

My local indy are a bit hit and miss at the weekends and I don't have a cable to check the codes:confused:
I had same issues some time ago it was just a seal that had gone which results in no pressure to change gear it was a cheap fix hopefully yours is the same.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,128 Posts
I had the same, but I lost 1st and reverse with a broken shift fork. So it could be the opposite shift fork in your case.

Mine did it at 5 years old and 20k miles or so.

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
AC certainly do a lot of gearbox work and reknown for it. Also a chap in Birmingham who does a lot of work for garages as they sub the work out to him.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update /

Tried the car this morning and it did change up through the gears, although I got a bit of a jolt the fist time it went to 2nd. After that it seemed ok. So thought best drive to AC just on the off chance anyone was around.

There officially closed on a Saturday but Andy was there doing some paperwork, he VERY kindly popped out to take a look. After running some checks and test drive and relearn he said its all fine, just must have been a glitch.:bowdown1: not even any fault codes

Fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hopefully it's sorted for you
My MY12 has been nothing but issues, going to be opened up for the 4th time now

I would have said it could be a fork or sol or a basket

The baskets are very common to go depending on stage

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
It's not a basket issue. If your basket snaps you don't get drive ever again in odd or even gears (depending on whether its basket A or B) until it's replaced. The gearbox will select the gear but just rev away as drive power can't get from the clutches to the output shaft.

Reactions: terry lloyd

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully it's sorted for you
My MY12 has been nothing but issues, going to be opened up for the 4th time now

I would have said it could be a fork or sol or a basket

The baskets are very common to go depending on stage
Sorry to hear that, 4 times sounds a lot, does it get a lot of abuse? Whos doing the work?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts