GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just over a month into ownership now and I am going for optimisation tomorrow. I have tried to gauge how the gearbox is performing in all conditions and while it seems faultless in normal operation, it is rather different when I am going slow. This seems to happen especially going uphill. The gearbox is torn between it's normal operation to change up and the need to change down because the car is slowing on a hill (we have a few here in Wales). The result is a hesitation when you do get to push the throttle to move on. The car is still rolling at this time but it just feels like someone has put on the brake and then let it off again.
Is this normal?.

Otherwise, the best car I have ever had. Stunning. Strange too, I have lots of new "friends" :chuckle:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I know that is the solution but is it normal for the gearbox to do this. I had a notion that it "predicted" your next move and changed gear accordingly. I know it does this in full flight but does it do it at slow speeds?.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
slowing to roundabout, it always thinks about it too long...

pull a paddle, get the gear you need a blip the throttle to keep it

R

·
Registered
816 Posts
As Robbie says manual all the way. I cant stand the auto mode, as you describe it cant make its mind up between gears. Its worst when turning onto a side road and its still in 3rd as you turn and accelerate the revs die while it swaps gears.

I don't use auto at all now. The paddles is easy to use (easier than a manual with clutch) if a little less instinctive. Only takes a week or so to get used to them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Was told to use auto for running in, it lasted about 5 minutes from leaving the dealer, i hated it, never used it since although i heard someone mention that the launch in RRR is quicker to 100 using auto
Ive not tried it in manual yet

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I use auto in traffic and sometimes on a cruise, it takes a while but I really like the paddles now

so far I've done 11K

I went back to the R33 GTR for while as i was clocking to many miles on my grey ghost

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey I'm going past there tomorrow to take it to Oxford for optiwatsit!.
Give me a call when you're near and if I'm around we can meet for a quick chat and to compare notes at say Swansea West services, which I guess you'll be passing.

I'll PM you my number...!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts