GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm planning to do a gearbox oil change this summer along with the front and rear diff oil.

Is it recommended to drop the pan at the same time? and if that's the case is there anything else other than the oil is worthwhile changing while I have that off anyway?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
alrite pal. just finished mine today.first time ive done such a thing.did the diffs at the same time too.i spoke to litchfields who advised to change the pan filter and inline filter.so i did.bought from them.everything went well.what a massive difference once finished.night and day.cant believe how smooth the car is changing gear.in my opinion defo do the whole job.when dropping the under trays i noticed quite a lot of rust on the frame and little metals brackets that hold the trays up. capillary action must hold water between the gaps for a long time resulting in one of the metal brackets nearly being rusted right through.so when i was underneath i cleaned up everything and sprayed copper grease on every nut and bolt including seam welds of the car.
ill up some pics on a thread..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts