GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My second gear is really hard to find when the engine is cold, after 20 minutes the whole box is super smooth. When cold, its really tight and I feel like im forcing the box into a gear it doesnt want to go in.

Not a big deal but I was wondering if replacing the gear box oil for a different more suitable (ie for uk climate) would help and if so which one I should choose?

I found this thread ( http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/64186-r32-transmission-oils.html?highlight=gear+oil ) but it doesnt cover the gear selection from cold.

I have a 96 R33 GTR if that helps, thanks in advance :)

- Kevin.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
If it's super smooth when it's hot, leave it alone, just take it easy when it's warming up... imo.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have the same problem mate, just double clutch when the car is cold and it will shift fine.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Does it have 75w-90 in it?

If not then try a decent synthetic one, it will make a difference unless it's mechanical.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
do you know what HKS uses in their branded transmission oil? I'm trying to figure if my improved gearbox is due to the HKS oil used, the Nismo shifter I put in, or some combo of the two. It didn't magically cure my 4th gear synchro problem though :(

Notchy when cold, it kinda comes with the Skyline Experience IMHO (along with stiff clutch pedals).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts