GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Not sure how much of an issue this actually is as it has only happened twice but thought i would check to see if it has happened to anyone else?

I came of the Motorway today in 5th gear went to downshift and the gearstick wouldnt release from 5th. So i brought the clutch back up and down again and this time it released

Anyway i got home parked up, when i got back in the car about 10 mins later i tried to reverse out but couldnt select reverse. I tried everything putting it into all gears, moving forward, turning the car on and off, clutch in and out but nothing could select reverse. I had to end up pushing the car out of the drive and then moving forward. After 10 mins of driving i managed to hit some traffic and kept fiddling with it and it finally engaged reverse.

This has happened once before so not sure if its an issue i should be worried about? Any thoughts or ideas?

Car is a R32 GTR - pretty standard with minimal mods.

V

·
Registered
23 Posts
My car has also just started the same symptoms - sometimes doesn't want to come out of 5th and sometimes won't select reverse. I find it is usually worse if I have been heavy with the right foot.

Clutch is fine - not slipping, so I was also fearing the worst and costing up the dreaded garage bill (no time to do it myself).

Ric

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has only done it once again since my first post and that was yesterday,. It gets driven everyday so is still perplexing me.

Will get it checked out

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
It seem like the selector moving up and down the syncros is either displaced or coming off loos or on the verge of breaking or it could be that the synco gear for the reverse has broken teeth. I'm dreading to think that the cost of repairing this would probably be as much as replacing the gearbox with a reconditioned one as it involves similar hours of labour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts