GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k, following on from this thread - http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/116388-gts-4-diffs-r32-gtr-top-speed-8000rpm.html

I have started a new thread as this thread is about 32 gtr's and i would like to know about 34 gtr's!

So to save you all reading the other thread (the lazy people LOL) im at this point-

I want to gear down the 34 GTR. I think this is what MINES did to there 34 gtr?

So i was looking into fitting Gts-4 diffs. But as the gearing is different on the 34 due to different gearbox, well will i be gearing it down to much?

I belive that 33 gtr diffs are a lower ratio to the 34 gtr? would these be a better option?

As my car is a V-spec with a electronic diff???? would i be causing problems doing this?

Do i just swap the crown wheel and pinion? or the whole diff?

would i reduce my quarter time? or increase it due to another gear change?

Also could someone work out what what sort of top end i would be looking at with both gts-4 diffs and R33 GTR diffs please?

Sorry for all the questions! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hi Matty, this is exactly what I did with my 34 :thumbsup: From memory, Tweenie changed the crown wheel and pinions to that of an R32 (4.11). This lost me around 15mph off my top speed (185mph theoretical maximum) but sharpened up the cars pick up. It probably slowed it down over the 1/4 mile because I ran out of revs in fourth gear (circa 120mph) so I needed four gear changes :lamer:

o.k, following on from this thread - http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/116388-gts-4-diffs-r32-gtr-top-speed-8000rpm.html

I have started a new thread as this thread is about 32 gtr's and i would like to know about 34 gtr's!

So to save you all reading the other thread (the lazy people LOL) im at this point-

I want to gear down the 34 GTR. I think this is what MINES did to there 34 gtr?

So i was looking into fitting Gts-4 diffs. But as the gearing is different on the 34 due to different gearbox, well will i be gearing it down to much?

I belive that 33 gtr diffs are a lower ratio to the 34 gtr? would these be a better option?

As my car is a V-spec with a electronic diff???? would i be causing problems doing this?

Do i just swap the crown wheel and pinion? or the whole diff?

would i reduce my quarter time? or increase it due to another gear change?

Also could someone work out what what sort of top end i would be looking at with both gts-4 diffs and R33 GTR diffs please?

Sorry for all the questions! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was hoping you would reply as i know you did this with tweenie!

What quarter did you run tho?

Also you had some engine work etc done at the same didn't you? so am i right saying that you never ran the car with the same BHP with both diff set ups?

what power you running also?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
theoreticly your acceleration will be quicker as long as you have the grip but the extra gear change "may" counteract the gians you get.

I had 4.4s in a GTS4 about 7 years ago, with around 550-600whp we ran 10.2 with a stock box and 4 full off throttle gear changes.......here's the vid:

YouTube - RIPS RB30 GTS4 10.2 @ 134mph www.ripsltd.com

Rob

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers robby, did you get my pm by the way about the diffs?

Well i think i would like to gear the car down but i would like to hope for around the same sort of quarter time. I guess the problem depends on how quick you are and if you need 4th gear in the first place?

I cant see the point in having a car geared to do 180+ mph when you will never hit these speeds.

I want my car to run a 10! (i dont care if its 10.999!) But i will only have around 600 bhp (flywheel). Also i hope to do this with full trim. is this possible? would the diffs help me as i should not need the extra gear change?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
yeah I have the PM,....... for what you want, I'd go with 4.1s, get some good tyres, old stock suspension and get as much weight out of it as you can, then with a good drive, a 60ft in the 1.4s or low 1.5s you should be able to get a 10 with 600hp.

Rob

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Best 1/4 I ran was 11.2 with about 640hp and full weight mate (with the 4.11 diff set up). You are correct that I never ran the same power with the different gearing set ups. I reckon you have got your work cut out to run a 10 second quarter with full weight and 600hp even if you run on drag tyres :bawling:

i was hoping you would reply as i know you did this with tweenie!

What quarter did you run tho?

Also you had some engine work etc done at the same didn't you? so am i right saying that you never ran the car with the same BHP with both diff set ups?

what power you running also?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best 1/4 I ran was 11.2 with about 640hp and full weight mate (with the 4.11 diff set up). You are correct that I never ran the same power with the different gearing set ups. I reckon you have got your work cut out to run a 10 second quarter with full weight and 600hp even if you run on drag tyres :bawling:
Ye i figured that lol, i was aiming for a 11 but after what "cliff" has managed on stock tubs etc i decided i/you also should be able to see a 10 !

Your power is flywheel?

are you running the 2530 turbos tweenie had lying around ?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I have the PM,....... for what you want, I'd go with 4.1s, get some good tyres, old stock suspension and get as much weight out of it as you can, then with a good drive, a 60ft in the 1.4s or low 1.5s you should be able to get a 10 with 600hp.

Rob
just so im clear, the 4.1's are 32/33 gtr diffs that i only need to change the crown and pinnion to my 34 diffs so worries with the electronic lsd etc?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Ye i figured that lol, i was aiming for a 11 but after what "cliff" has managed on stock tubs etc i decided i/you also should be able to see a 10 !

Your power is flywheel?

are you running the 2530 turbos tweenie had lying around ?
Flywheel power mate, yes. The turbos were new 2530's and the car is now sold. With NOS installed and running on race gas it ran a comfortable 10.7 at Santa Pod :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flywheel power mate, yes. The turbos were new 2530's and the car is now sold. With NOS installed and running on race gas it ran a comfortable 10.7 at Santa Pod :thumbsup:
It was you that stole them 2530's from under my nose then lol!

They was going to be fitted to my car but you got there quicker :thumbsup:

you have 32 now then? how come you got rid of the 34?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I think the big thing to find out Matty (As I'm not sure on this also) is can you put Crown and Pinions from a NON V-Spec diff onto a car that HAS a V-Spec diff centre(A-LSD)???

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
It was you that stole them 2530's from under my nose then lol!

They was going to be fitted to my car but you got there quicker :thumbsup:

you have 32 now then? how come you got rid of the 34?
32 owner now :thumbsup: Just had too much money tied up with the 34 mate :confused:

I was a single fogger shot, 75hp and cost about a grand fitted from memory. It made quite a bit of difference on the strip mate :smokin:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Ok from memory

GTS4's would IMO be too short with that gearbox....
If you search here for guys that have fitted the 6 speed into the 32 or 33..ask them how useable 1st gear is ....
So altho its definatly doable you might end up effectively with a 5 speed as 1st will be useless...
My os 5 speed has similar ratios but my 1st is like your second etc:...
So im saying the 4 ratio into a 3 or 2 is good, into a 4 might render the 6 speed , a 5 speed, which isnt necessary a bad thing either ....

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Some trans gear ratios and info - tyndago - GT-R Transmissions

Stock R34 is 3.545
Stock R32-R33 is 4.111

I ran an R32 with a Getrag and 4.111, and it wasn't too short.

Mr Tamura says 3.7 is best. However that ratio, getting my hands on one is a little harder than it is for him to get his hands on it.

You have at least 8,000 rpms, and if you rev it higher, you get more mph's...

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I think the big thing to find out Matty (As I'm not sure on this also) is can you put Crown and Pinions from a NON V-Spec diff onto a car that HAS a V-Spec diff centre(A-LSD)???
Sorry Matty, I [email protected] that up and have now changed it.

So....Can someone answer the above question for Matty?:sadwavey:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts