GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woah!
I'm new to the wonderful world of the Skyline. The wait has been worth it. I got an R33 GTs25t 1993 in seemingly vgc, for £3k. Quite chuffed!
A few easy questions, if I may:

The seller told me to warm the car for a good ten minutes before going anywhere, to circulate oil and warm the turbo. I don't mind, I can play with the radio, but is it absolutely necessary, as long as I don't gun it until warm?
I have a disc rub on the rear offside. Should I just take it to Kwik-fit?
When I stop, am I right in thinking that it is better to wait until the revs stabilise, as this indicates turbo has cooled?
Is oil pressure supposed to be mid-dial at 4 or just below when warm? I had a Merc 300E that normally ran high oil pressure.
The boot leaks - anybody else had this problem? WTF is it coming through?

Thanks!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Regarding warm up - Don't let it sit there idling, it's much better to just drive the thing gently limiting both revs and boost. When it's warmed up then you can play.

Cool down - Unless you've been gunning it up to the point where you have reached your destination, let it idle for about 30 secs to 1 minute. If you have been gunning it as mentioned, idle for about 3 mins.

You can have the discs machined but it depends on how bad they are.

Sounds like good oil pressure when warm, whats it like from cold?

The boot leak is probably a blocked drain hole under where the bootlid sits, clean it out with some compressed air.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Re. the boot leak, I have seen quite a few rear lights that leak, if it is that then I'd remove them carefully, clean up any gasket material, and re-seal with black windscreen sealer, normally only availible from a windscreen fitting company, ask them nicely to buy a tube, it's worth it.
Andy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE General advice

Re oil pressure, it drops gradually from 7-ish on ignition.
I will clean out the drain holes and see if that solves the boot damp.
I'll have a closer look at the disc.
And I'll spend less time twiddling my thumbs waiting for action!

Thanks for being so quick to reply, especially on New Year's Day!

Have a good 2007, speak soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts