GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im lisa & i bought my first BNR32 last week. Im from NZ & when the car arrived in 2012, its just been sitting around only getting started a few times a month. Im wondering what things i should replace first? I asked a mechanic to replace water pump, an oil & filter change & replace the 2 air filters with HKS filters, but thats it. Should i replace plugs, coils, fuel filter next? All help appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Have you had it running ? Has it been driven ? I'd get the timing belt checked/changed compression test might be worth doing

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you're having a new water pump fitted, it makes sense to replace timing belt etc as all those parts need to be removed to get a clear go at the water pump.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
**** you evavelez. **** you.

Iwnfup- it would make sense to change the plugs and fuel filter too for not much cost. No need to replace coils unless you're having issues with them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help, did compression test & replaced plugs as DazGTR suggested, also replaced water pump and timing belt - thanks geoffree. Replaced fuel filter, oil filter and did an oil change. Does everybody use 10w40? or 15w40? Thanks, Lisa

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Thanks for your help, did compression test & replaced plugs as DazGTR suggested, also replaced water pump and timing belt - thanks geoffree. Replaced fuel filter, oil filter and did an oil change. Does everybody use 10w40? or 15w40? Thanks, Lisa

No probs Lisa
Me personally I don't use 10w40 I've always used fuchs pro R 15w50 as recommended by RB Motorsport but I've found this stuff not to last that long and become piss thin after a short period of time so I've switched to castrol edge 10w60 and its stays clean for longer and overall seems better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts