GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little do you know but you Chaps have had a fairly large impact on my life! A good one though, and one for which I am very grateful.

I have been quietly observing this bulletin board since October, in an effort to try and find out what all this GTR fuss is about.

Well, in short, you all seemed to be having too much fun (which in this day and age is a very good thing). So in an effort not to miss the party I've gone out and brought an R34 V-Spec (It would have been rude not to).

Only you guys can appreciate how much fun I'm now having and why I'm carrying such a big smile.

Without a doubt the purchase was a lot easier with your shared knowledge, and it allowed me to land what I think is a fairly tidy package.

So drinks are OWED (how many people on this bulletin board??!!!!!!), and I'll be only too happy to oblige.

I now look forward to meeting some of you, picking your brains on how to make my new baby fly, & hopefully providing you all with a chuckle or two at my lack of proper driving experience (unless the car disguises that).

*2 Special notes of thanks:

Shin, for all your advice, answering my endless questions & generally giving a damn (I only wish I could have brought from you - Next Time!)

Abbey Motorsport, thank you for priming my baby, not shafting someone with limited knowledge, & for the Ka!

Thanks again Chaps.

Cheers.

Guy

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Good to see you're impressed with your new car. I spent a good few weeks (by no means as long as your good self) searching around the 'Net for GTR related material, knowing nothing more about the car than what I'd seen in Gran Turismo. Eventually I stumbled across this board having already put a sizeable deposit on a GTR at a inexperienced dealership (they just knew it was "fast") and found the car of my dreams sat on the "Buy & Sell" section. A mere 2 weeks later and I was the proud owner of a limited edition Le Mans R33 GTR, Guy Ratcliffe's previous car.

I should fit in a quick "big up" of Guy - he made the whole purchasing process a dream. He even offered me a drive (I think, can't remember) in his R34 beast! I declined, mainly because I was too scared!

Since then it's been a rollercoaster ride, and not a single day has gone by when I haven't relished leaving the house to go to work, just for the experience of driving such an amazing car.

It's true what they say about the Skyline - it's reputation precedes it. I haven't met one person who has had a single bad word to say against it, and it's certainly a car that commands respect both by other road users and bystanders.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Yeah Guy, you should definitely bring your new motor along to have a go on the rollers. In fact - I insist. The fact you're buying drinks has absolutely nothing to do with it. :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Oh Ohhhhh

As most of you know I'm bad enough with names as it is,God help me know.

Never mind ,I suppose 2 Guys are better then 1 :confused: :D .

Welcome aboard Guy,I mean Guy J .You must tell us more about your car .

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
GUY2

Yep, your now in with the best !! I like some of you guys (excuse the pun, I counldn't resist !!) spent some time, in fact 18months trying to get my first Skyline !! At that time there weren't that many importers and Middlehurst, bless their little cotten socks ,wanted me to sell the house, girfriend and dog to get my R33 GT-R V Spec. Now the famed A-BEUT !!
YES Guy2 you gotta come to the RR day and hopefully see you on track, the only realway to experience the MIGHTY Skyline GT-R
Take care
Keep it on the Black Stuff !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Top Name Guy!

Cheers for the replies.

3rd Dyno Day - Count me in. That's an invitation I could just not refuse. Mind you, it will be quite revealing to know just what I got for my money??!! Guy, if you let me know what I need to 'sign on', I'll have it out to you by return. Nice name by the way.

Guy, the colour is not a problem as I'm silver (No choice there!). I had to take my chance on that one, so as not to miss the car. Mind you its a colour that growing on me.

Paul, you will probably be able to read more out of the spec than I was able to, but the previous owner seems to have done the right sort of things (or that’s what I'm assured). But yell if any of it sounds dodgy!:

R34 V-Spec I (2000yr Import)
MFD II
Non V-Spec Shocks (Plus V-Spec Set as well)
Super Power Flow Intake
In & Ex High Lifting Camshafts
Front Pipe
Full Drager Exhaust
A.F.R. Regulator?????
So3
Up rated Pads

Seems to run just fine (aspecially after Abbey set the cams up their way!), not having driven the car unmodified I've no real idea how much difference the above has made.

Hence the Dyno Day will show all. Looking forward to it (Yes Durzel - Drinks and all!!).

Take Care.

Guy

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Guy J send Guy R a private msg or e-mail him to put your name on the list.
I think there will be 25 cars running with 19 already booked in.
See you there or on the roads around West London matey :D
Best regards Alan

·
Registered
627 Posts
Drinks eh?

A new car to look at is always a hook for Skyine owners, although the driving is more important than drinking so it will cost you dearly in coffee, tea and coke ! Being rather new myself you will enjoy posting and meeting the others on this board as they really are nice guys.

Rgds
Andy:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts