GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

im looking to buy an r32 gt r but i imagine there must be plenty of fakes out there. So i was wondering if anyone could give my something of a "buyers guide" or any tips on how to spot a fake un?

Dank!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Quite difficult to "fake" a GTR really. If it has flared arches, an RB26, twin turbos and 4WD, it is pretty likely to be a GTR (unless modified from this of course to RB30, big single turbo etc )...

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
if you know a genuine GTR, its not hard at all to see if its fake or not.

where it goes wrong is when cars are being advertised as 2.7 or 2.8 litres, while some of them are not. normally a kit like this costs around £7000 UK, so about 12k-15k canadian if im not mistaken. real cars from reputed tuners such as jun, endless etc being advertised like this there is no doubt they are real 2.8 wonders etc...

but sometimes people advertise their car as a 2.7 or 2.8 to fetch some extra credit out.

the only way to find out what your internals are like is open the engine, which will be time consuming and not something you can do while looking at the car before buying ofcourse lol.

·
Registered
820 Posts
if you're looking at a car take lots of pictures and post them up on here with details and im positive people on here will give you imparshal point of view. dont get carried away and by the first one you see!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey

im looking to buy an r32 gt r but i imagine there must be plenty of fakes out there. So i was wondering if anyone could give my something of a "buyers guide" or any tips on how to spot a fake un?

Dank!
Easy to spot. Lift the bonnet and check the blue metal plate. make sure the two white factory pins are in place and the model number will also be stamped to the right of it in the bodywork in the middle of the engine bulk head.

If the blue plate number doesn't match the stamped number, Walk away.

The stamped number will look rough, but not missing or freshly stamped looking on a car over 10 years old. If painted ask why?

Also take someone to look at it, Like me.:D

there are other things to look for aswell, but can't say or the cloners will change these things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts