GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a genuine TopSecret CF bonnet fitted to their R33, and if so, I'd be very interest in your thoughts with regard to the fit and finish of one.

I've heard many a tall tale about poor fit and finish, but would appreciate some feedback from anyone that definitely has a genuine one, to dispell these stories.

Cheers in advance

steve

·
Registered
552 Posts
My bonnet is real TopSecret one in CF painted. I wish i could dispell the rumours. They are very well made but mine has a slight lift offside front which is corrected using the Bonnet pins.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I presume the one on my 33 is genuine :p .
The fit and finish are very good, although it uses pins, but it's very flimsy at high speed.
I had to lift off at 180 mph as it started to bulge and ripple. Very scarey.
Fine if you're not doing those speeds though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have not experienced the bonnet ripple at speed since the bonnet pinc were installed. This may also depend where the pins are located. My pins are located where the old bonnet rubber stops were fitted.

Thanks for the compliment Cardiff R33

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my TopSecret replica fits on the catch perfectly, and I have no worries about it flapping around on a high-speed run.

R1 - from the look of the pics you've posted, I can't see any obvious fitment problems, which is one of the main queries I had. It would now be interesting to know what the raw/natural finish is like, as I'm so 'last year' in my thinking, and would still like the carbon weave to be on display.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I don´t have a CF bonnet on my R33 but I do have a TS one on my R34 and the fitment is very good. It´s not 100% but as close as you can get I assume. It´s a bit low on the sides since I want to keep it tightly closed in the front. Oterwise the quality of the work is absolutely top notch! I´ll give you a few pics to show the craftmanship:

And here´s a Big picture!

The bonnet is really thin and it´s made of only CF, no FRP. :smokin:

/P

·
Registered
552 Posts
You could not fault the the carbon quality or finish, both very impressive, worth remembering though, if you use bonnet dampers buy TopSecret ones as well as they do ones specialy rated for carbon fibre as most of the others are to strong and you can damage your bonnet over time, if they come up to quickly or as you try and over come there force during clousure.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could not fault the the carbon quality or finish, both very impressive, worth remembering though, if you use bonnet dampers buy TopSecret ones as well as they do ones specialy rated for carbon fibre as most of the others are to strong and you can damage your bonnet over time, if they come up to quickly or as you try and over come there force during clousure.
I think I may have just found the perfect bonnet damper.............

...............watch this space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts