GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
taken from another discussion:

All our track days are all day events and, if you've never been on track before we'll even discount the day for you. Even so at the full rate they are still exceptional value for money and considerably cheaper than comparable events. You get ARDS instruction included free if you want but can also take advantage of other Club members and spend time with them either as a passenger in their car learning the best lines and key points on the circuit, plus they will happily come out with you in your car to help guide you round and give you a few pointers.

The advantage of an all day event is you have time to get used to the circuit and the conditions as well as the car. You don 't have to rush and can take your time staying within your limits but learning how to get smoother and faster.

The day also has with it a tyre support company and there are often people on hand to sort out any problems or niggles. As well as that there is a photographer on site.

There is a £10 charge for extra people who may want to come along just as a passenger. All you need bring is a current driving licence and clothes that are long sleeved and long legged. You don't need a race suit and if you haven't got a crash helmet you can hire one. You don't need four point harnesses either and roll cages are not needed.

The day is about enjoying yourself and learning more about the car and your skills as a driver. It's not a race - although you may want to compare yourself to your friends on the day - it's about enjoying yourself and also mixing with fellow enthusiasts.

I hope that helps and hope that BH or one of the other dates/venues is something you can make

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Good stuff coming up soon.

Trackday wise, we have Brands Hatch in February.

We've also got weekend driving/track trips to North Wales, both in February and March, including track time at Anglesey and road driving on the excellent roads around Betws-y-Coed (Evo Triangle etc.)

If you've read the GTR, 911, R8 article in the latest Evo Mag, then we'll be on the same roads. It is fantastic and don't take my word for it, watch the vid from last time........

YouTube - wrt3_0003.avi

The 'UK Meetings and Event' section' is worth keeping an eye on :cool:

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
im surprised you are not doing the RAF marham 30-130 day with the MLR..im going anyway but i thought this would have been right up the street of you guys...

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we are! They haven't been posted up yet because the GTROC member responsible is on holiday and will do it when he gets back (tomorrow probably!). So don't be disappointed - we will be there! :)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
good i need some support...with about 500hp im probably at the bottom end of the HP list so far....never thought i would hear myself saying that, but hey ho.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Good stuff coming up soon.

Trackday wise, we have Brands Hatch in February.

We've also got weekend driving/track trips to North Wales, both in February and March, including track time at Anglesey and road driving on the excellent roads around Betws-y-Coed (Evo Triangle etc.)

If you've read the GTR, 911, R8 article in the latest Evo Mag, then we'll be on the same roads. It is fantastic and don't take my word for it, watch the vid from last time........

YouTube - wrt3_0003.avi

The 'UK Meetings and Event' section' is worth keeping an eye on :cool:

I think I'll be up for the Feb visit. Haven't done Anglesey since the complete revamp and haven't done the Triangle for a while too.

The Groes Inn is really nice and I'm looking forward to trying a pint of "evo ale"!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
No track time at Japfest agian then ?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has always been the policy of the GTROC not to promote track time at these sort of events - the vidoe on the Japfest thread will show you why! £20 for 15 minutes is a rip off in terms of value for money. It also allows no time for sighting, vehicle set up, warming of car, engine, transmission, tyres etc and no time for the driver to get accustomed to driving the car to the limit. Whilst we are happy for people to arrange their own time we don't believe it is value for money and do not accept it is a safe way to track a car

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
OK John

BUT what about the GTROC owners who DO want to get on track with preferably the CLUB ?

We wont repeat the episode we had last year, however, each and every Track day has it's own risk as does driving on the road !!!

I will, as always, be on the GTROC stand with 4 lots of Track time. Anyone going to join me ??

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
1 x 12:18 INTERMEDIATE TRACK TIME
1 x 15:18 INTERMEDIATE TRACK TIME :chuckle:
Against my better judgement as a MR2 very nearly crashed into me last year and I had to drive over the grass to get away from him.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Paul

What are you doing letting an MR2 hassle you LOL

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BUT what about the GTROC owners who DO want to get on track with preferably the CLUB ?
Totally agree that we all want to do track time and I'm all for getting more people on track. Couldn't agree with you more than that :thumbsup:
If you want track time then check out the shop here or visit the full list of events here. Whatever you want we've got Oulton Park, Anglesey, Bruntingthorp, Silverstone, Spa Francochamps, Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Nurburgring, Castle Combe, Snetterton and even events like Palmersport. For those that want high speed events we've even got that at places like Marham and for drag events there is a full list of them here.

Lots to have a go at and I hope we can see a lot more new GT-Rs on track this year :)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Ah, that old suicide move eh !!!

Trust you booked on the CC site ay £35 per 20 min session ? I am looking at 4 sessions and will join you

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yup John

Have already booked CC and Silverstone and may do Snot, looking at Oulton Park and Anglesey

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Does the GTROC ever do track days on the Alpine Circuit at Millbrook, or isn't that place available for track days, or is it only for driver training or for the motor industry to test cars? I'm only asking because that place looks awesome :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts