GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the weather is starting to approach freezing ive decided to get the gtr ready for winter. I bought a original indoor cover to keep it protected in the garage bought from a fellow member. Also just purchased a ctek trickle charger which comes highly recommended by fellow members as after 2weeks it really struggled to start. After 4hours of cleaning the car hoovering up all the cobwebs out the garage it was ready to be tucked away as i will be having building work done soon and want to keep it out of sight well apart from the big GTR emblem on the front.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Don't hibernate her just yet, there's a few more events before the close of the year. But she does look as snug as bug, nice garage!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I drive and enjoy my GTR whole year long :)

Although to be honest I would love to have a nice garage like yours!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Wont be long before mine comes off the road too for the winter.....first sign of grit on the roads and that's it until spring :(

Quite partial to tucking mine away too.....wife thinks i am sad and keep telling her i am not the only one so thanks for posting :chuckle:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy sh*t your garage is tight i thought mine was a pain. It will be coming out a few more times but when the grit comes it isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Holy sh*t your garage is tight i thought mine was a pain. It will be coming out a few more times but when the grit comes it isn't going anywhere.
Yeah its a pain in the a**e.......once my work stuff get sorted out i'll be trading it for a double :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't hibernate her just yet, there's a few more events before the close of the year. But she does look as snug as bug, nice garage!
Thanks the car might be snug but i've ended up with a bloody cold after getting my feet wet and being out in the cold for 4hours.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I wish i had an indoor garage :/ My GTR will have to endure the winter outdoors in the snow, hail, sleet and rain..

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah its a pain in the a**e.......once my work stuff get sorted out i'll be trading it for a double :)
I still managed to let my door slip through my fingers when getting in and it just caught the garage wall chipping the edge of the drivers door. I almost cried when it happened need to get some padding for the walls.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I still managed to let my door slip through my fingers when getting in and it just caught the garage wall chipping the edge of the drivers door. I almost cried when it happened need to get some padding for the walls.
Makes me shudder just thinking about that! I have a few of these mounted on some wooden boards which work well:

Swissvax UK

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't mind driving on lovely white snow it would probably be fun. I just hate when it becomes black slush and grit making a mess every where or just evil ice. Last year i was going about 5mph slightly downhill towards a t junction slowly braked and the vehicle just slid towards the junction i was sh*tting my pants in slow motion going no no no no stop.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Lol, I wouldn't want to hear what you might have to say if you saw my garage :eek:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Will be taking mine off the road too soon...the Pistonheads meet today will be my last this year :(
i've got a Carcoon for it this Winter whereas before it's sat under an outdoor cover and suffered from it. I've had a cracking year with the car this year and have gained even more admiration for it and that's after 3 1/2 years so I thought it deserved a comfy home for the Winter. :)

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
They look great the Carcoons.....been thinking about getting one for the bikes rather than the outdoor covers.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
To those of you who don't drive because of rock salt, I use mine all year round and yes I really hate the unnecessary gritting of the roads too, around here (somerset levels) they don't need griiting at all, yet they're out every night when the temp is forecast below about 5c, ****in insane waste of money, not to mention actually making roads worse for grip than untreated side roads 99% of the time.

But anyway, after driving the car all year round last year I found the worst period for soiling/dirtying the paintwork was during the spring/early summer, anything over 45mph saw the front end of the car and windscreen obliterated with squat flies which were an absolute bastard to remove. At least with rock salt you can wash it off, but the flies take multiple soakings, and yes I tried all the expensive bug removers too. So in terms of evilness I rated spring worse than winter last season.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think the concern is RUST on any underbody metal, rather than dirt. Underselling doesn't protect all the exposed steel parts from rusting.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the concern is RUST on any underbody metal, rather than dirt. Underselling doesn't protect all the exposed steel parts from rusting.
Exactly that when I clean the car im usually laying flat on my stomach on the floor trying to jet wash underneath the car. Thats why I keep it tucked away in winter and enjoy driving the mrs polo. Plus its fun doing 10mph round a bend on the ice flicking the handbrake and pretending to power slide.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts