GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
You can get quite cheap CCTV setups these days too, I have a simple single camera black and white system that can record for 8 hours a time...

·
Registered
160 Posts
That pager alarm looks complex, there must be a simpler one that fits on all mobiles!!!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
With regards to the disc lock for your steering wheel, does anyone know if you can get SNAPOFF adaptors for Skylines ? (R32GTR for myself) and how these compare to a disclock...which is better ?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With regards to the disc lock for your steering wheel, does anyone know if you can get SNAPOFF adaptors for Skylines ? (R32GTR for myself) and how these compare to a disclock...which is better ?
I'd say both are as effective as each other

·
Registered
160 Posts
im scared as i live in the same area as him. i feel like my car aint safe

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I just worry with the disclock that they'll get it off somehow ? Seen video of how quick they can get some other steering locks off, i know this one is supposed to be tougher though.

Do they even make SNAPOFF adaptors for skylines....because of the HICAS sensors ?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
well they would be able to make a key for your car if they take your locks!!!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Sensasian - I'd imagine the internal Skyline door locking mechanisms arent hard to get around. I locked my keys in my R5GT Turbo once years ago, took me all of about 1 minute to get in....and I'd had it delocked !

Delocking them doesnt stop em smashing your window or bending the door frame back ! :(

whoflungdung - Yeah that's simular to the SNAPOFF system I've been talking about, I was unsure about one for a Skyline though as I know there is wires going to the back of the steering wheel that are connected to the HICAS System.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The disk lock is the most effective one for your steering wheel I believe.

The bars that lock over your steering wheel are really easy to remove, they just saw your steering wheel and bend it to remove the lock, then it bends back into place, the locks that go from your handbrake to your gear stick get the same treatment, but they cut through the gear stick then (if they want) use a screwdriver to change gears.

I got told this about 4years ago when I went into a shop in Stoke-On-Trent to buy a steering wheel lock I bought the disk lock after the guy told me how easy it was.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i guess you got a point!! maybe security film on the windows to make it harder to break!??

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Yeah I've seen clips on various car programs on TV about the 20 quid steering locks, they get em off in like seconds. As I said I know the DISCLOCK one is supposed to be good but just wondered if it was better then a Snap off system....surely if there's no steering wheel then they cant steer the thing ???

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The disk lock is the most effective one for your steering wheel I believe.

The bars that lock over your steering wheel are really easy to remove, they just saw your steering wheel and bend it to remove the lock, then it bends back into place, the locks that go from your handbrake to your gear stick get the same treatment, but they cut through the gear stick then (if they want) use a screwdriver to change gears.

I got told this about 4years ago when I went into a shop in Stoke-On-Trent to buy a steering wheel lock I bought the disk lock after the guy told me how easy it was.
Gotta agree with you, the disclok is king - it doesn't grip the steering wheel so even if they smash the steering lock and even remove the ignition barrel they can not physically turn the steering wheel to move the car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts