GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this months Car + Car Conversions magazine (which just arrived by post this morning), there's a question in the letters page from Ian Jamieson who asks the editors what they think about the Nissan Skyline, and in particular the 800bhp end of the market..

CCC reply:

"We think the Skyline is an awesome car, but not as nimble and exciting as the current turbo cars from Subaru and Mitsubishi. It's certainly quick, but power delivery is smooth and relaxed, not kick-up-the-backside-hold-on fast like an Evo. What do others think ?"

Well.. you've been asked, so get replying !!

Email : [email protected] or

CCC
IPC Focus Network,
Focus House,
Dingwall Avenue,
Croydon, CR9 2TA

Fax: 0208 774 0935

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Geeza,

Was this reply in the context of a hard tuned car or as std cars ?

because if he is talking a std skyline against a warmed up scooby or evo he is probably right but if he is talking about 800 bhp which would probably be a low 9 second 1/4 mile car this could in no way be called sedate..

I agree that the power delivery in mine is mild and feels less snappy than a scooby or an evo but the speedo tells a different story.

when you have one behind you they tend to be with you until about 3rd gear then you just say goodbye to them.

the power delivery is supposed to be different but then you know that...

/Steve

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Job for Gary !

Perhaps Gary could volunteer his GTR, and let the editor see how much of a kick in the pants a GTR can give.

My recomendation would be to wear steel underpants because you won't have a backside left afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts