GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally i can look forward to the drive to RB motorsport tomorrow to have my car mapped with a apexi and remove my Nismo ecu.

Is it wrong to be so excited? I am really wondering if i will see any difference in the car at all.

Is there anything i should be asking/doing while im down there as i am staying with the car.

·
Registered
715 Posts
yes, ask for a before and after rolling road printout to show what you have gained in spending lots of money on an aftermarket ecu.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
you're well within your rights to be excited - I had exactly the same thing done last week - Power FC into my GTR and fully dyno tuned - made 283kw (1bar) @ all four hubs on a stock motor with cams + exhaust. It's a whole different animal to drive now :)

The only thing I forgot to ask for was flames on overrun/gear change - it used to do it big time on the factory ECU (as it was over-fuelling) but now it's all a bit boring :(

I did the tuner a favour by - removing the centre engine cover (as they'll want to set the base timing off a plug lead, not the induction loop), leave the kick-panel off so they can easily access the computer - oh, and make sure it has a full tank of whatever petrol you intend to use - mine went through about half a tank on the dyno. It'll make them well mad if they have to run and get gas for it!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well just got back home now and full respect goes to the guys again at r b motorsport.

I am definatley a happy chap as i have found out that it has aftermarket cams to add to the list of its other extras.

R B Motorsport dont have a dyno so power figures are unknown and all mapping was done on the road which i personally think is the best way for drivability.

The major difference i can see in the car is the low down drivability i can now cruise in town in 3rd/4th rather than 2nd. Obviously the car does feel quicker now especially the accelration.

I am now limited by my std afms so when i have some cash i am going to upgrade to z32's/nismos.

All in all i am very happy with the result.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
^^ hehe, that's some baaad humor - good to hear you are pleased with the tune - I'm a little hesitant about it only being tuned on the road - and it would be interesting to see how much more power you could get with hub dynos (i.e. dynapacks) and a tuner who knows how to use them.

I assume they attached det cans, AIT sensor and a wideband to do the tuning?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ hehe, that's some baaad humor - good to hear you are pleased with the tune - I'm a little hesitant about it only being tuned on the road - and it would be interesting to see how much more power you could get with hub dynos (i.e. dynapacks) and a tuner who knows how to use them.

I assume they attached det cans, AIT sensor and a wideband to do the tuning?
TBH i have no doubt on the ability of rods mapping by just using the roads i am sure many in the uk will agree with me.

I am going to try and get booked into a dyno so i can see whats going on. the trouble is most around here are just 2wd. or is there some way i can run my 33gtr in rwd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts