GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I nipped into london to meet Leo and pick up some stuff for my car from him. It was a nice day, so I took the 32.

As I was driving around the North Circular road, I noticed a white astra swerving in and out of traffic, undertaking etc. and just generally driving like a loon. I thought I'd wait for them to pass me as I prefer keeping people like that where I can see them!

To my surprise, the car pulled level with me and I noticed two big DSLR cameras pointed out the windows - right at my car. We ended up driving along together for 10-15 minutes while the passengers hung out of the window getting as many photos as possible from all different angles!

never had people respond to any car I'm driving like that before - I had to smile and laugh and it really made my day to see how happy these guys were to see my car on the road!

anybody else had similar experiences?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, bunch of guys in uniform set up a load of yellow cameras on posts around where I live, and the faster I drive the more photos they take. Problem is, they actually charge ME for it.

·
Vendor
3,452 Posts
haha your car does look stunning mate, before your bought the car off me I took it out a few times for little trips and the amount of attention it got was unreal, had a few people winding down their windows, giving it thumbs up etc.

told you, your cars combination is perfect, gloss black 32 with gold bbs rims, you wont get a better combo

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, bunch of guys in uniform set up a load of yellow cameras on posts around where I live, and the faster I drive the more photos they take. Problem is, they actually charge ME for it.
Haha yeah, there's a few of them round my way too! I've managed to avoid their attention so far although it took a while to get used to driving around in kph and quickly doing mental maths as the cameras popped up!

haha your car does look stunning mate, before your bought the car off me I took it out a few times for little trips and the amount of attention it got was unreal, had a few people winding down their windows, giving it thumbs up etc.

told you, your cars combination is perfect, gloss black 32 with gold bbs rims, you wont get a better combo
Cheers Amar, it still gets loads of thumbs up and comments from other drivers!

I genuinely don't think there's been one occasion when I've filled up at the petrol station without getting comments on the car either - I've had loads of other fun cars in the past but nothing else got attention like this!

·
Registered
25,957 Posts
it does happen in the 34

what amazes me in Japan is that, once a few years back i was driving miguels Rx-7 (which sounds like most FDs, loud) in Gotenba, when i drove into a local town which was having a festival around "light" i think it was.

i parked up on the street (and people know how close japanese streets can be), no no one says anything, its kinda the norm in JP

even when you have very expensive cars (classics etc)

get it more in the UK than anywhere else.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

Bayside blue R32 with BBS rims is the perfect combo, but black is also a good combo:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts