GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all again. Long time no type...

I see that there is a completely different set of people on these forums now so will be good to reintroduce soon enough. Although good to see Mook is still around. I have found most if not all posts by Flynn my daily guilty pleasure.

So I used to own an R33 and was sorry to see her go but with always getting an R35 in mind it was the right thing to do. 5yrs on and 2 more kids later I'm ready.

My dilemma is that I have been watching the prices for GTR's over the past 18mths and the prices are crazy. Last year the price for an 09 plate GTR was around 33-36k and this year I am seeing them for at times 39-40k standard. With only the 08 versions at 32+ (I wish Flynn you had not sold yours to the trader for that faulty Jag, I said you should have waited)

Anyway I am reluctant to spend the 40k mark for the 09 or 59 version especially when I see that there is a fantastic 10 plate for 35k in the for sale section (Barry Ps, which if it is still around at bonus time may be getting a visit). However that said I really really want a white one, again Flynn couldn't you have waited!!!

So a few questions that I need answering as I close in on my final stretch of searching:
Are all 08 GTRs Imports? If so is the general rule stay away from these or not?
What is generally classed as high mileage in the 35? I see they range currently from about 20k to 70k miles. Are they susceptible to common issues beyond 60k for example?

cheers in advance and its good Im already looking forward to a meet at castle comb!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hey Monkey, I was also adament on only a white GT-R also, I tried to make myself like other colours watching vids and pics, but no other colour stood out as exotic as white did with the curves.

But with this especially on 05-59 cars, when I was looking there was a £1500-£2500 premium on top for a white one. No matter how high and low I searched white GT-R were selling for more than any other colour.

Even to a point where some listings on ebay were stating "cheapest white GT-R in the country"

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is just an incredible colour though and the best for me. My R33 was white and was the best car I have ever owned for fun and looks (had the nismo 400r skirts and bumpers)

I know all about your search and read your intricate and detailed day of the deed!! Very amusing :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is they have slapped a 3-4k fee on top!!

Just looked on auto trader there is an 09 GTR at 43k standard spec. Seriously that is 10k more than I would pay definitely. But then again I am a bitterly twisted tight northerner!! :p

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
If it is they have slapped a 3-4k fee on top!!

Just looked on auto trader there is an 09 GTR at 43k standard spec. Seriously that is 10k more than I would pay definitely. But then again I am a bitterly twisted tight northerner!! :p
Eh? Its up at 36k. How much do you think I was selling it for?

Whats your budget?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I watched your FS thread in hope that I came into a nice lump of cash. Ill keep tabs on it over the next month

But back to my question are all 08s imports and is it advised to steer clear if they are?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yeah I watched your FS thread in hope that I came into a nice lump of cash. Ill keep tabs on it over the next month

But back to my question are all 08s imports and is it advised to steer clear if they are?
08's are all imports yes.

To be avoided? well it's up to you, insurance may be slightly higher, no sat nav, low res screen etc etc.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eh? Its up at 36k. How much do you think I was selling it for?

Whats your budget?
Originally Posted by FLYNN View Post
Just put a deposit on the new motor. They've offered my 33k for mine standard.

Anyone wants it before I drive up next week, its here for 33k plus some beer money. Nows your chance.
In the end that is the price I believe you sold at. Unless your beer money comes to 4k (Which might actually be true :))

My budget is anything up to £35k for the right car. But I want to get at least Y Pipes and either COBB or ECUTEK mods for that.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
35k, you would not get a 10 plate car for that with mods, unless it was 60-70k plus mileage.

35k however, can get you a decent mileage clean 09 plate, with at least a stage 1, 59plate not so sure, if you wanted to push to 59 plate, that's a little jumps, because of the standard equipment you get with 59 over 09. I'd say 38-40k for a clean decent mileage 59plate car with mods and stage 1.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
In the end that is the price I believe you sold at. Unless your beer money comes to 4k (Which might actually be true :))

My budget is anything up to £35k for the right car. But I want to get at least Y Pipes and either COBB or ECUTEK mods for that.
I got a little more than 33k for it ;) But not as much as 36k. I dont think they are asking a lot on top, and you get all the facilities that a dealer can offer.

It has an ecutek licence on it, not advertised, but its on there, so that the main expense out the way. Ive also got a y-pipe you can have cheap if you like.

Its a good car bud, and the gearbox has been sorted, so you've got nowt to worry about there.

I had 70k to spend on a new car. Was looking at 12 and 13 plate GTR.

In the end, I saw a nice 15k miles with a forged engine, turbos etc.... , so decided to go with a 09 again. The sat nav isnt that great on the later cars, and certainly not worth the 3-4k on top.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems that 08 will just leave me wanting the UK spec model then... I know what I am like and that will just niggle me every time I take it for a spin.

So, back to 09s then realistically.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Seems that 08 will just leave me wanting the UK spec model then... I know what I am like and that will just niggle me every time I take it for a spin.

So, back to 09s then realistically.
If you have decided on what you like, do not change your mind, like you said it will just niggle you. I made that mistake on my 350z I bought, I wanted a white or red one, in the end got a black one, bugged me everytime I drove it. Looking in reflections and instead of seeing how smart the car looks, all I could think was, how good would this look in white.

Wrapping is an option also, buy a DMG colour, which are not as in demand as white and might save a k or 2, then wrap it White.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It has an ecutek licence on it, not advertised, but its on there, so that the main expense out the way. Ive also got a y-pipe you can have cheap if you like.

Its a good car bud, and the gearbox has been sorted, so you've got nowt to worry about there.
Jeez Flynn couldn't you have sold it to someone local, that is some trek to go view it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you have decided on what you like, do not change your mind, like you said it will just niggle you. I made that mistake on my 350z I bought, I wanted a white or red one, in the end got a black one, bugged me everytime I drove it. Looking in reflections and instead of seeing how smart the car looks, all I could think was, how good would this look in white.

Wrapping is an option also, buy a DMG colour, which are not as in demand as white and might save a k or 2, then wrap it White.
Yeah I know what you mean... Right will have to keep my eyes peeled then over the next month. No point in viewing just yet as I haven't got the money yet to negotiate with :)

I keep hearing about this wrapping, sounds like a new fancy term for afull respray

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean... Right will have to keep my eyes peeled then over the next month. No point in viewing just yet as I haven't got the money yet to negotiate with :)

I keep hearing about this wrapping, sounds like a new fancy term for afull respray
I started with a 35k budget, but due to the time it took to find one I wanted, I ended up with a 40K budget, and managed to get myself a very clean motor (apart from the gearbox of course ;) but no one could predict that) But with the warranty that come with the car I knew it was a safe bet :) and all ended up just pucka.

Also i'm an extremely impatient person, so waiting as I did was nearly unbearable but it paid off in the end :)

Just stick to your guns, and wait for one to crop up, and when it does, cancel everything else and don't let anything get in your way from viewing/buying it. As you knew from my thread, the car I bought got listed one evening. I phoned the guy to confirm etc, and was on a plane the very next day.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts