GTR Forum banner

Ghost 2 causing indicators to flash randomly when I sound the horn

5K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Takamo 
#1 ·
I've had Ghost 2 installed recently (the TASSA version) and noticed recently that the indicators flash after sounding the horn whilst driving?! The technician is coming back to see what the issue might be but has anyone else encountered similar issues?

#2 ·
Sounds like the Anti Hi-jack system is kicking in. It happened on my mates, a35 amg, when the engineer got the wiring incorrect and the anti hi jack system was wired to passenger side, so everytime passenger got in and out, it sounded.

Unless if thats what your doing but driver seat. When it starts horning and flashing usually means it kicked in the anti hi-jack system. Input your code the next time it does it, you will fill it goes away.

#3 · (Edited)
The ghost doesn't have anti hijack software for the gtr, so your either your installation is incorrect or faulty ghost or a fault on your car. The ghost system previously had anti hijack software for certain cars like bm's, vw, mercs and so on but Autowatch removed the anti hijack software a few months ago because it was causing issues with vehicles, so no more anti hijack on the ghost.we have successfully installed more ghosts in gtr's than any other ghost installer...never seen that issue on gtr's. If your installer can't fix the problem then you are welcome if you want us to refit it.

#7 ·
None of the ghosts 1 or 2 or Tassa ones had anti hijack on the Gtr full stop. If want it done properly then we can do it properly. Mate you need to get your money back and get it done properly... Never heard soo much crap... Some of these soo called fitters make me want to cringe with the nonsense they come up with.

#23 ·
Thank you guys appreciate the vote of support, the so called technician that has told him that explains alot about how's he's installing them on gtrs... Obviously completely wrong... Not a single gtr has ever done that on any of the hundred or may be more that I've worked on. 100% not a ghost problem 100% installation issue.

#24 ·
Definitely need to have any ICE or security properly installed. I had a Tracker fitted that the installer boasted "you'll never find it". He fitted it in a tiny inner section in the drivers seat base. Problem was every time I parked up, got out the car and walked off, shortly after would get Tracker calling me. Why? Seat cushion would rise slightly to regain shape as then had no weight on it and as it did it triggered a movement alert. Absolute crap fitment, had to be done again...."do it once, do it right".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.