GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up. so i just discovered that i need two new turbos since one is seized and the other is spiting oil. i dont know much about turbos adn all their accesories but im looking for a new setup. My power goal is around 420-450 and i dont want to keep any stock piping. Some suggestions would be great because im kinda in the dark. thanks

·
Registered
832 Posts
You have a couple of options....
Getting your turbos rebuilt is probably the most cost effective other than finding a set of stock tubbies. If you don't do the labour yourself (or have a brother-in-law to do it for you), stock stuff is a waist of time. You can have them rebuilt by BLOUCH in the US. They can convert to ball bearings, replace the old stuff, and PRESTO !!!!!! 400-600hp tubbies just like that....
Just remember that if you decide to go over 400hp, afm's, ecu, injectors, intake, exhaust, need to be looked at. Anything other than stock turbos and you should look at the ecu upgrade anyway....
Another option is the good ol' GT-SS, but they don't come cheap....fantastic turbo though....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can the stock turbos really handle that much power? thats pretty cool. the car isnt stock, its got a great exhaust and an apexi intake system. im looking at exhaust manifolds too, what would be the best.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i forgot where i found these

Do these belong to anyone here. if yes what are they and where can i get some.

·
Registered
832 Posts
A good turbo rebuilder can sqeeze 600hp from the two turbos. If you look at GT-SS compared to stock ones they are almost identical, except GT-SS are rated for about 550hp. My advice is to aim for a turbo build that will give you about 500hp at 1.2bar. You can still run with alot of stock conponents which keeps the cost down. Buy an upgraded ecu, a boost controller, and you should be near the 400hp mark at .9-1.0bar. If you want to hit the 500hp mark then you'll need injectors, afm's, pfc, etc.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts