GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased one of these and would like some help installing it.

I have searched high and low for images on how to fit this.

Do I remove the standard boost solenoid and connect this one or is there more too it?

I'm fitting to an R33 GTR. If someone could take some pictures and point out what plumbs into where then I can do it :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
hi you will need to connect one end of the gizzmo boost solenoid to a strong boost source and then the other end a pipe going to a t piece with 2 pipes on it going to both the turbo actuators.

the standard boost solenoid pipes cant be used it works a different way from the other boost controllers

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi you will need to connect one end of the gizzmo boost solenoid to a strong boost source and then the other end a pipe going to a t piece with 2 pipes on it going to both the turbo actuators.

the standard boost solenoid pipes cant be used it works a different way from the other boost controllers
WhAt wouldbe a good boost source? I get the plumbing into the actuators. Can I use the boost line going into the standard boost solenoid? Do I remove the standard boost solenoid? Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
im sure MGT Racing removed the standard boost thing on mine and connected where that used to be.

I could be wrong tho.

I will take a picture for you..........

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
cancel that! just looked and its to dark for it to come out on my camera phone.

Also the pipes it connect to disapear under the plenum that i cant feel where they go let alone see them.

They must connect to the Flux Capacitor maybe?

·
Registered
933 Posts
You need to remove the standard boost solenoid. Remove the restrictor from the pipe with a yellow ring on it and connect this to the actuator output on the gizzmo solenoid. Block the remaining pipe. For the boost source you need to remove the vaucum pipe on the rear underside of the plenum and block it. (the one thats closest the bulkhead) Then take your boost feed from here to the Gizzmo solenoid.

Hope this makes sence. If I get time I will take a picture tomorrow.

Richard

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys. Pictures would be fantastic. I'm fitting it hopefully on Saturday. I'm running a pipe from the solenoid to both actuators using a t piece. Then Ill plug up the old two pipes from the acuators. I was going t into the fuel pressure regulator then back to the gizzmo module. Then I'll plumb into a boost source for the remaining solenoid connection. I will follow your images and then post as soon as I've copied your plumbing. Again thanks :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Depends on which you have. I've been confused and messed around to the point I'm getting the garage to fit it on the cheap for me. The forum says one thing, the instructions say another and I'm no auto electrician so it should be connect to live and ground without the ECU connections as my model doesnt run of the rpm. I should have just bought the one for the apexi fc, cheap solenoid and harness and would have been done in a few mins :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine is the gizzmo ms-ibc and yes the instructions say 12v live and ground. then 2 wires to new solenoid, 2 to scramble button. dont know anything about rev based but that may be a combined boost controller/turbo timer. pretty sure infact. any how I'm only struggling with getting wires through bulkhead just now. decided to try drivers side inner wing as main wire run also uses this route

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mines not getting fit until 3pm Friday. So I can email you some images so that you are sure if you would like?

It should be ground and live, then the rest are plumbed in with the plugs provided. Remember to leave in your standard boost solenoid and leave it wired to the ecu, but unplumb it. This way you won't get engine lights coming on. :p The ECU part threw me and I stopped my installation and just don't have the time before tuning to solve it. Post some images and help the world as there's not a lot of threads on it :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
got this 95% fitted. i have ran out of light and patience. It is quite easy when you get your head round it and find a decent place to get wires through bulkhead. ill repoprt back when finished

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got confused as mine has the wires for live and ground and then other two have been cut off into stumps, so wasn't sure if theses spliced into the ecu. but my model doesn't support that so fingers crossed when I take it the garage tomoz :) I've got a turbo timer that came today more or less brand new so I'm wiring in that whilst they do the boost controller so that I can look after my car more. I got the type 1 so that it works out the time for me as more often then not it wont need a long cool down. but I'm loving the fact that it shows speed etc handy for me hahahaa

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah the 2 wires that were cut off to a stump are for the scramble button. this is like an over boost function. im thinking of not using mine either.the vac pipe work is so easy when you know how, i had been scratchin ma head for days looking at peoples post.There is a simple way of explaining it.ill do my post tommorow when i can expain better. but here is abrief one :the last nozzle on the underside of manifold nearest firewall is the feed. at standard its feeding to oe solenoid(yellow banded hose) and wastegate actuators. so if you pop the hose off the underside of inlet manifold and plug hose end, its now just connecting oe solenoid and actuators. remove hose from oe solenoid(yellow band) and remove brass restrictor.now reattatch said hose to outlet of ebc solenoid. this hose is now the solenoid to actuator connection. the nipple on the underside of inlet manifold i mentioned earlier needs a new hose attatched to it(with clamp) this then attatches to ebc solenoid inlet. the remaining original hose should be removed from oe solenoid and plugged and clamped. solenoid sorted
the small bore hose that attatches to in car controller has to go through a suitable firewall grommet to get near the oe boost gauge feed line next to vin plate/brake servo.cut this line and tee in new hose. I found a switched live under steering column and used this and just crimped an eye connector on earth to attatch to nearest earth screw (for me this was drivers right footwell) hope this helps, but ill try and explain in less words and with pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool. I'm getting it fitted by Revolution in Gateshead but the forums really need a clear guide on this as it would have saved me the dosh but don't mind the litle expense as they are good guys and know that I travel far to see them etc and look after skyline owners well :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts