GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have an answer for this?

I have searched and no one has mentioned it.

My car will soon be going for a re-spray

I have just collapsed at the price for the rear windscreen trim £122 + vat :eek:

I have gone no further than that, as i will most probably get even more upset

The front windscreen trim looks fine, but the rear will need replacing

Has anyone ever used a different trim for the rear screen???

As surely some form of rubber trim will fit, without being robbed at Nissan

Also the rear quarter glass, apparently only available as a unit(glass + trim), is this true?

And is there any way of getting these quarters out without damaging them

I will be using a glass company to remove them, but don't want any nasty shocks along the way

Ayones advice who has been down this route would be most helpful ;)

Forgot to mention its an R32 GTR

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi SteveN

Doesn't it make you cringe when you see your car looking like that :eek:

Even though you know it will look great afterwards

Can you pm me who is doing the work(and tel.no.) so i can pick their brains, i will be polite

Thanks

John

ps Nice wheels

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I am in the same position. I was talking to Beario on the forum who deals with windscreens and he was saying a universaol trim could be used for the rear and reckoned about £50-£70 fitted.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nick MW said:
I am in the same position. I was talking to Beario on the forum who deals with windscreens and he was saying a universaol trim could be used for the rear and reckoned about £50-£70 fitted.
Hi

Yes, thats what I was hoping

Before i go bonkers and pay £122+vat :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds like a plan, i will wait until the glass is out and the fitter looks at them

Seem as no one on here knows otherwise...hard to believe :(

Yes I'm paying £90 to remove and re-fit the glass all round(a cash job)

Its about double that if you pay the company and not the fitter!

And their insurance won't cover you either :eek:

More trials and tribulations from the Skyline camp....if it don't fit, re-locate it :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Had all the glass out of mine and total cost for all the window replacement parts was £400. The fitters managed to take out all the glass without breaking anything . The cost for replacement front screen trims was £98 alone! Middlehurst had all the parts ex stock and delivered next day! Yes you are correct the rear quarter lights are complete units glass and surround bonded together. Not cheap but the finished article looks great!

·
Registered
552 Posts
When i fitted my R1 NISMO body kit i removed the interior and windows makes for a much better job. A little more costly but the finish is worth it.
I also used the opertunity to Re Trim the interior in leather including the head lining.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
R32 seals

I had the rear seals done last year (the top corners were lifting away from the car) to cut a long story short a friend of a friend did it but made a mess of it.
Had all the glass out a bit later for a respray and replaced front and back this time. The top part of the seals came out ok but the bits that stick to the car (fasteners) were destroyed (both times) so you might have to replace them.

From memory the fasteners were about £100 and the top seals about £300.
The guy that fitted them the first time did say though that the top seals looked similar to the Micra ones??

If you need the part no's i'll look for the receipt.

Charlie.

Edit: Steve, are you going with or without rear spoiler? and do you still have the old wheels?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts