GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

What's the best way to mount a go pro to capture the exhaust flaming? The suction mount just doesn't look safe.... Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
341 Posts
Suction mount is pretty good. Just make sure the surface is clean first and always use a tether like some fishing line or something.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Imma make a video soon of properly preparing the surface cause the ones I've seen are horrible... Even seen a guy with kitchen roll and water scrubbing the car lol.

But yeah use a quick detailer and a microfibre to prepare the surface and a suction mount will be fine. I've had mine on cars going up to 140.

I personally wouldn't use a tether... I would rather lose the GoPro than it bouncing up and smacking the car.

I feel its a risk every time I go out with the GoPro on and always breathe a sigh of relief when I stop and its still there lol.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Use a long tether, enough to avoid it smacking around on the bumper, but short enough to stop it hitting the road :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also thinking of using the sticky mount they provide and stick it on the back side window and face it forward? Would it be safe to do that?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Never bothered with using it as I've always been fine with my GoPro and its been on just about every position of my car and several positions of other peoples cars using the suction mount :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Use suction mount on the rear light lenses, there's a flat surface in the middle as if Mizuno knew we'd need a place for the flame cam!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I doubt you'll get the angle from the rear window. I'm going to put a camera on the spoiler looking down and have the camera in wide mode. In this position you can use a tether to literally tie down the mount to the spoiler. Even if the sucky mount lets go, the camera can't move and do any damage.

Will also experiment with an extension arm to get the camera a bit further out.

Was going to do it this evening but it's just started raining....back to the snooker I guess!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts