GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my GTR on a RSR track day at Spa on tuesday, what a fantastic track and the car was awesome. Was hitting 155mph on the back straight. I just had to post this picture of a Godzilla wrapped GTR that RSR are using, fyi mine is the grey one two cars back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Looks like the weather was good: envious. Great track and Ron and his team are a nice bunch too. Any notable stories of the day?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weather was fantastic, and as you say Ron and his guys were excellent. Nothing scary happened only 1 off all day. There were a number of racing teams practicing there , from BMW and Lotus, and a awesome 458 race car that blew everything away. Was my first time at Spa and i will certainly be going back, best track i have ever driven on .

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Yep, agreed its a lovely track, try and go there twice a year! Any of pics of the wrapped gtr?
Not used RSR though, was it a combo trip with the nurburgring and spa?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I took my GTR on a RSR track day at Spa on tuesday, what a fantastic track and the car was awesome. Was hitting 155mph on the back straight. I just had to post this picture of a Godzilla wrapped GTR that RSR are using, fyi mine is the grey one two cars back.

Great track, definitely on my to do list.
You must have had a great time mark. Good to give the car a decent run

·
Registered
85 Posts
I seen that car at severnalley motorsport the other week it looks awesome

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Is an amazing track & perfect for the more portly road cars as they can squash the little bugs on the many fast sections.

Never got the chance to take my GT-R round there but have been in it as a PAX & am there in Sept in my F10 M5 (hope it stays dry).

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
^ Wet might be a handful ;) Will be good to read a report in any event, you loving it?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Im going in Sept with a bunch of chaps from the RS246 forum. Do you know if they have noise restrictions there? Did the do a Db check on ya GTR prior to going on the track?

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Im going in Sept with a bunch of chaps from the RS246 forum. Do you know if they have noise restrictions there? Did the do a Db check on ya GTR prior to going on the track?

Cheers
Louie
Snap Louie as its PhilT i'm heading over with:)

You should be OK at Spa as they're not that fussy & i've yet to experience anyone noise testing seriously there & only seen one noise related black flag (which after some negotiation was revoked).

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Snap Louie as its PhilT i'm heading over with:)

You should be OK at Spa as they're not that fussy & i've yet to experience anyone noise testing seriously there & only seen one noise related black flag (which after some negotiation was revoked).
Ah ha!!! perfecto!!! M5, 2 GT-Rs, Paul in his Exiege and a host of other
RS4s...should be a cracking 4 days!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Spa is somewhere I have always wanted to go but never quite got round to making it out there. From all of the above comments it really looks like I should pull my finger out and get it sorted.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Cheers
Louie
They seemed very relaxed on noise levels, technical 103Db, but i didn't have a sound check, though i think they do it at the side of the road. Mine is pretty loud, stage 4.25, 90mm Milltek, no downpipes and it was fine so i shouldn't worry

·
Registered
540 Posts
They seemed very relaxed on noise levels, technical 103Db, but i didn't have a sound check, though i think they do it at the side of the road. Mine is pretty loud, stage 4.25, 90mm Milltek, no downpipes and it was fine so i shouldn't worry
Thanks Marc,
Well if you were ok I should be fine as I still have the DPs, OE zorst and 76mm Y Pipe.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ah ha!!! perfecto!!! M5, 2 GT-Rs, Paul in his Exiege and a host of other
RS4s...should be a cracking 4 days!!!!
4 Days? It's only 2 isn't it? We're going to squeeze in a few TF laps at Nordschleife en route to Spa on the Sunday.

·
Registered
540 Posts
2 days Track time 4 days in total...Going over on the Sat and will have beers and more beers Sat eve at the Raddison Blu, then the ring on Sunday, then beers and more beers Sunday eve....May even squeeze in some food but that's low priority...I think my partner will have different ideas, but nothing a pair of handcuffs and a gag cant sort out:chuckle:

I'll get me coat:GrowUp:

Louie:)

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
I'm going in Sept 6-10 with a bunch of people. Will be at the Ring Sat/Sun, Spa Mon/Tue.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ah excellent!! same dates as me and a few others
You staying at the Raddison Blu?

Cheers

Louie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts